!Password extension issue

Options
fjam
fjam
Community Member

I get this pop-up box telling me to uninstall the old version and use the new 1Password extension instead. I follow the Uninstall instructions but cannot find the old version. Very confusing. I would also like to get instructions on how to use 1password on all my devices, Imac, macbook pro, iPad, iPhone. Hope we can resolve.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

There is a good knowledge base article here on removing older versions of the browser extension. Where exactly, in that article, does it go wrong for you?

There is also a really good user guide to 1P4 which has a section on synchronising 1P4 data between various devices. Note that if you want to sync with an iOS device you do need to buy 1P4 for iOS.

If you need more help do please post again.

Stephen

• fjam
    fjam
    Community Member
    Options

I go to Safari/Preferences/extensions/1Password and that shows 1Password 4.2.4 and enable Password checked. Is this the old version referred to in the pop-up box, if so what is the new version?
    Thank you for the info on

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

You already have the new extension installed. It is the correct one to use with 1P4.

Stephen

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @fjam,

4.2.4 is the current version of the 1Password extension for Safari so that's not causing the problem. Do you have multiple users on your Mac and do any have the older version of the 1Password extension installed?

If you're still stuck, please email us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac, along with a link to this topic and your forum username, to support+forum@agilebits.com. A quick comment here mentioning that you've sent the report would also be helpful.

After we've seen the report we'll be able to better assist you with resolving this problem. Thank you!

• fjam
    fjam
    Community Member
    Options

Hi sjk,
    Thankyou very much. We do have multiple users on our Mac. I checked my wife's extensions and there were two. 3.9.20 and 4.2.4. I have uninstalled
    the 3.9.20 version. I assume that this will fix the problem.
    I now need to synch all the logins, 2users on the Mac and 2 users on the macbook pro. any help would be appreciated.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @fjam,

Do let us know if uninstalling version 3.9.20 of the extension from Safari in your wife's account didn't stop the messages you've been seeing in your account about uninstalling the old version. I'm pretty sure that was the cause. :)

In your original post you wrote:

I would also like to get instructions on how to use 1password on all my devices, Imac, macbook pro, iPad, iPhone.

And in your last reply:

I now need to synch all the logins, 2users on the Mac and 2 users on the macbook pro.

Will you be syncing 1Password for each user on those Macs with 1Password on the iPad and iPhone? And do you want the 1Password data to be identically synced everywhere?

Here's some information about syncing:

To use iCloud Sync for syncing/sharing 1Password data, each account/device must be signed in with the same Apple ID for iCloud services. If any are using different Apple IDs then your easiest option would be to use Dropbox Sync.

These guides have instructions for setting up vault syncing/sharing with Dropbox:

Syncing using Dropbox (Mac)

Sync With Dropbox (iOS)

Sharing a vault

If you'd like to do that, would you be using the same Dropbox account for each account/device or have separate ones?

Thanks in advance for the answers so we can better help you with getting this set up.

This discussion has been closed.