Deleting an item doesn't update the number on the sidebar [fixed in 4.5.BETA-25 for 10.10]

Options
leizhao4
leizhao4
Community Member
edited October 2014 in Mac
  1. Add one item to an empty category. The number on the sidebar shows 1.
  2. Move it to trash.
  3. Check the number on the sidebar. It still shows 1.

Screenshots are attached.

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

A HUGE +1 on this one.

This has been a longstanding problem that I run into dozens of times a day when I'm doing import testing. I import records, and routinely delete them before another run of testing. And it drives me nuts that all the counts are always off. The counts are important to me so that I can match what my wallet converters are telling me were exported. So I always have to go group-by-group and count the items. Please fix this one soon.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for reporting this, guys.

It's a known bug that the item count remains stuck at 1 after deleting the last item from the permanent Logins, Secure Notes, Credit Cards, and Identities sidebar categories (like in your "after" image, @leizhao4). Restarting 1Password mini and unlocking will clear the item count of those categories, which is understandably inconvenient to repeatedly be doing (e.g. in cases like yours, @MrC).

I've mentioned both of your reports in our tracker, along with some additional notes.

ref: OPM-2076

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I wanted to follow up here to let you guys know that this and other Trash-related bugs have been fixed in version 4.5.BETA-25 for Yosemite.

• leizhao4
    leizhao4
    Community Member
    Options

@sjk‌ Thanks for the fix and follow up!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're welcome, @leizhao4. I'm happy this one's been fixed.

Have a great weekend!

This discussion has been closed.