Safari seeing multiple versions of 1Password?

Options
hazmat
hazmat
Community Member

My wife's iMac is running Mavericks with the latest versions of Safari and the Mac App Store version of 1Password 4. For some reason, every time Safari starts up, this dialog box appears. Where could this be coming from? I only see one copy of 1Password in /Applications.

Thanks.

-Ken

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Is there by any chance still a version 3.x 1P browser extension still installed in Safari (Safari > Preferences > Extensions...)?

Stephen

• hazmat
    hazmat
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, but no. I even deleted the 1P 4 extension and reinstalled. Still appears.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @hazmat,

Does your wife's iMac have multiple user accounts and do any use version 3 of the 1Password extension? If so, uninstalling that old version from Safari in those other accounts should stop the New version of Safari message from appearing in her primary account.

I hope that helps; please let us know! :)

• hazmat
    hazmat
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, but no other accounts on there. I had an account on there, since the iMac was originally mine, but I deleted it and still get the popup. Either way there was only the one extension in that account.

• hazmat
    hazmat
    Community Member
    Options

This from the system log might be relevant:

1PasswordAgent[388] (Information) Safari extension disabled: unsupported browser bundle version '7.0.6', only 412-6534.0 are supported.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @hazmat,

Thanks for that helpful information! The 1PasswordAgent process is a leftover from version 3; here are steps for removing it:

1. Open Finder and select Go to Folder… under the Go menu.

2. Enter ~/Library/LaunchAgents text (e.g. copy & paste) and press the Return (or Enter) key.

3. From the Finder window that opens delete the ws.agile.1PasswordAgent.plist file, if it exists.

4. Select Go > Go to Folder… in Finder again, enter ~/Library/Application Support/1Password text, and press Return.

5. From the Finder window delete the Agent folder, if it exists.

6. Empty Trash, restart your Mac, then Empty Trash again (if non-empty).

I'm quite sure getting rid of that will also get rid of the message. :)

• hazmat
    hazmat
    Community Member
    Options

@sjk‌ : Thank you! Both of those were there and deleting them fixed it.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for letting me know that worked for you, @hazmat. Great news! :)

This discussion has been closed.