[Feedback/Request] Different Credit Card Number Behavior

Options
theckman
theckman
Community Member

I'm not sure if this is the best place to drop feedback for 1Pass for OS X. If this is wrong can a mod please move it?

I wish the full credit card number would always remain hidden. When viewing the details of a credit card entry the number is completely visible. Even with it being visible it has a copy button next to it. I feel like the first two and last four digits could be only visible and it would be sufficient. You could then have a drop down menu next to the copy button to 'reveal', similar to how password work.

This would allow me to copy my credit card number to the clipboard without someone being able to peer over my shoulders and get the full number from the 1Password window.

Cheers!
-Tim

Comments

• signe
    signe
    Community Member
    Options

If you're copying it to the clipboard, isn't your goal most likely to paste it into another site?

Very few, if any, sites use password fields for CC#s, so it will be visible over your shoulder when you paste it, no?

• Hi @theckman‌,

I'll note the request for the developers. I agree that concealing it wouldn't be a bad idea. But as @signe pointed out, credit card forms themselves do not typically conceal them. Also remember the physical card is likely routinely handed to other people on a regular basis.

That last bit has increasingly been giving me the willies. The fact that we hand checks and cards to people regularly and both have all the info necessary to cause a lot of trouble…and there's the willies again. Banking has a long way to go for security, in my opinion.

• signe
    signe
    Community Member
    Options

By the end of next year, the US is supposed to be moved primarily to Chip and Pin, so storing numbers may be a thing of the past anyway...

http://www.forbes.com/sites/tomgroenfeldt/2014/06/23/more-secure-credit-cards-with-chips-coming-to-the-u-s/

• That and Apple Pay looks mighty interesting.

• johnny808
    johnny808
    Community Member
    Options

That is my comment too. I wish we could conceal/reveal credit card numbers instead of having them fully visible by default.

• I will add your vote to the request, @johnny808‌!

This discussion has been closed.