Syncing with Dropbox - Vault Mismatch

Options
2»

Comments

• leesweet
    leesweet
    Community Member
    Options

@Megan, just an update that the Dropbox/Vaults problem seems to be fixed once I did the 'reset settings/delete local data' option recommended by support. However, now I'm getting prompted for the master password when it definitely hasn't been 48 hours (what I have the timer set to) since I did the total reset yesterday AM, and I'm not swiping the app closer, rebooting, etc. So, I just sent in another diag report with the same ticket number as the Vault topic, if that helps Steve or whoever find it. Thanks!

• Spaceman
    Spaceman
    Community Member
    Options

Megan,

I have emailed the diagnostic reports your requested.

Regards,

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @leesweet,

Thanks for the update. I'm sorry things are not going smoothly for you right now - thanks for your patience as we work to get to the bottom of this!

Hi @Spaceman,

We've received your Diagnostics Report - thanks for sending it in! Thanks so much for including the relevant details in your email, that will make it much easier for our support team to get up to speed with the issue. Someone from the support team will get back to you as soon as possible with some further information. We'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid complicating things between here and there. :)

ref: IPV-43121-641

• cooper.mac
    cooper.mac
    Community Member
    Options

Hello Megan. I started watching this thread just after it was created because I'm experiencing the same recurring failures to sync my iOS devices (iPhone 5, iPad 3, both on iOS 8.0.2) and MacBook Pro (10.9.5) through Dropbox. Checking in today I see others are having the same problems. When re-enabling sync with Dropbox, including attempts to Merge Vaults, I get errors including these:

The operation couldn’t be completed. (NSURLErrorDomain error -1001.)
    Failed to download file from Dropbox [lists 1 or more filenames]
    Failed to list remote data folder in Dropbox

Eventually multiple Try Agains will succeed. But the issue returns quite regularly (daily?). Up until 1Password 5 for iOS and iOS 8, syncing through Dropbox has been excellent. Is the support team getting any closer to a solution? Thanks.

• vollans
    vollans
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, I'm also seeing the same thing and have since my iPhone 6 Plus arrived on 19th September. It's only affecting my iPhone 6 Plus, my iPad 4 and work iPhone 4 don't seem to be affected at all! I can't see what the difference is between them.

I'm also seeing the issue with the timeout for fingerprint access happening well before the time set.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @cooper.mac and @vollans,

I'm so sorry to hear that you're having trouble here. Please follow my instructions in post #31 to generate Diagnostics Reports and send them in to our team so that we can better track this issue down.

I do want to let you both know that our developers have been working hard to squash bugs lately, and you should see an update on your devices soon that resolves the disconnect in Dropbox, and the issue with TouchID timeouts. However, if you're seeing errors when trying to re-connect Dropbox, a Diagnostics Report will help us figure out where things are getting tangled and give you the best instructions for getting synced up again.

Thanks so much for your patience as we work to sort this out!

• cooper.mac
    cooper.mac
    Community Member
    Options

Good morning Megan. Thanks for your response. I've just emailed the troubleshooting reports generated by my MacBook Pro, my iPad and my iPhone. Looking forward to a solution, so I hope these reports help the developers.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited October 2014
    Options

Hi cooper.mac

Disregard. Found it. Thanks! :)

ref: FKD-19753-496

• odysseus
    odysseus
    Community Member
    Options

@Megan "You mention 'every time I change sync method' in your post. Please note that we don't recommend switching sync methods frequently, primarily because you might end up with mismatch vault errors and the like. Clearly, in this case, if you need to make the switch from iCloud to Dropbox, this was a necessary process, but in general you will get the most reliable sync experience if you pick the solution that works best for you and stick with it."

I don't change sync methods frequently (and I would like to avoid doing so altogether), but when I have to, I encounter problems every time. Surely this can be improved?!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @odysseus,

Thanks for taking the time to add your thoughts here!

We have some guides that can walk you through the process of changing between sync options:

If you follow these steps, you should not have any issues when changing sync options. Please note that if sync has been disconnected for some time, you might see the 'Vault mismatch' error, but hopefully the 'More info' tab should tell you what you need to know about the mismatch so you can decide if you want to merge the vaults.

Of course, if you do encounter any problems ... we're here to help!

This discussion has been closed.