1password for Mac family license => app store

Options
rxstuve
rxstuve
Community Member

I had purchased version 3 family license some time ago so that I could use it on all the accounts on the family iMac (4). When version 4 became available I purchased on the Apple app store and all the accounts on this Mac can use it because it shares the app store account. We have purchased a MacBook that will not be used on that account and I have two questions.

1. I don't think it's possible to use the version 4 from the app store because it is not sharing the same apple account at this time is it?
    a. I would have to purchase a family license from agile directly to do this or another single account via the app store or agile?

2. When Yosemite comes out does this issue go away due the the family sharing of apps as long as it's on the same CC?

Thanks
Rick

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options
    1. No, yes or yes, in that order.

2. AgileBits has so far not announced whether they will opt in to Family Share. I don't know if Family Share arrives with iOS today or with Yosemite in October. But I personally wouldn't buy a new license for 1Password right now, until we know what Family Share might offer.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi again, @rxstuve!

There have been some things that were a surprise to us with Family Sharing on iOS. Namely: at this time it doesn't support in-app purchases which affects 1Password 5 for iOS since we made it "freemium" with an in-app purchase. We wish that was clearer when it was announced and hope to see Apple include it in the future.

So, with that said, it is indeed a bit early to say exactly how things will work on the Mac with regard to Family Sharing, but our own licensing terms allow you to use your 1Password for Mac license on as many Macs as you have.

If you don't mind waiting until Yosemite is released, we can better assist you at that time with licensing if anything still isn't clear. It's a bit early to say some things with certainty, but I promise we will make sure you are well taken care of. :)

This discussion has been closed.