Auto-saved passwords don't always allow entry into site

Options
StevenBaum
StevenBaum
Community Member
edited September 2014 in Mac

In most cases, I have no problem using 1password to access sites with password access. But, so far I have problems with 2 websites. In one case, the username and password fill the correct fields, but the site responds as if I entered the incorrect password. I double checked the password and it was the correct one. In the second case, the login is 2 pages - the first is the username, which 1Password filled and takes me to the second page. On the second page, there is an icon that I visually identify as the correct icon. The password field does not get filled in and the site responds as if I had entered the incorrect password.
I checked that my Safari browser is in the correct applications folder.
My version of Safari is 6.1.6 (8537.78.2)

Any ideas to help me out. I'm a new user to 1password.

Thanks,

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

In the first case, what happens if you copy and paste the password rather than using 1PW to fill it?

Some sites will allow you to create a long password, but truncate it (your password may be 22 characters, but the site only accepts 20, and does not tell you). For these sites, copy and paste works but 1PW autofill doesn't. The solution is to choose a shorter password that the site accepts as is.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2014
    Options

Hi, @StevenBaum‌! Sorry you're having some trouble. What @danco suggests is a distinct possibility depending on the site. I'd love to take a look. Can you provide the URLs where you are having trouble? There are a couple I have in mind, and I want to either make sure we're on the same page or dig deeper. Either way, having the URLs will help.

Also: I noticed that you are running a pretty old version of Safari. Can you tell me what version of OS X you are running as well as the version of 1Password?

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.