Touch ID not working in Safari extension [Currently being investigated, see post #14 for tips]

Options
2»

Comments

• merhault
    merhault
    Community Member
    Options

Just to get back on this, lately I've been getting the master password prompt even though I have it set to 30 days and have not restarted my phone for a while now.
    I have the iCloud Keychain enabled and checked every other setting but it just keeps asking me for it still, even during the same day.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @merhault,

I'm sorry that this is still not working for you! This is going to sound a bit odd, but can you try something for me?

Please go to Settings.app > 1Password and disable background app refresh. There's something wonky going on there. Our developers are on the case, but turning this feature off should give you a more reliable experience with TouchID ... and Dropbox sync. :)

• merhault
    merhault
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Megan, I've disabled that for now, seems to be more stable indeed.

• RangerRobAZ
    RangerRobAZ
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

I have been having the same issue with using 1Password in Safari. I originally followed another user's tip and deleted and re-installed 1Password to fix the issue. It then stopped working again (possibly after the 1password 5.0.1 update or IOS 8.0.2 update.. not sure). I tried deleting 1Password and reinstalling it again, but the issue has persisted. My master password timeout is set to 24 or 48 hours. Touch ID is enabled and works for 1Password app, but not from within Safari for 1Password. I turned off the background app refresh to test and the IOS keychain was turned on at one point (but I really don't want that turned on) to test.

I tried logging into 1Password app first using my master password and then immediately going into safari and using 1Password and it still does not use touchID. I've entered my master password in safari and tried immediately again and it does not use my touchID.

I emailed support about this a week or so ago and never got a reply back, so I am posting here. I see in the one stickied post at the top of this forum that you are aware of an issue and make a fix that will be "in the next update" (whenever that is). The workaround you provide there (log in via 1Password app first) doesn't work for me.

Perhaps the various recommended settings changes have worked for some people, but they don't for me. Any idea when you'll be submitting the fix for this issue to the app store?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @RangerRobAZ‌

Thanks so much for taking the time to write in! I sincerely apologize that you've been waiting to hear back from our support team. We've been busier than usual since the launch of 1Password 5 for iOS, but we're all working extra hard to get back to our usual snappy responses.

I'm glad to hear that you found the post about TouchID posted here in the forums. That contains the most up-to-date information on the situation today. Our developers are working to get this resolved just as soon as possible, but unfortunately, I can't say at this time when the fix version will be available. We do know that this is a serious issue, so we're doing what we can to hurry this along.

I turned off the background app refresh to test and the IOS keychain was turned on at one point (but I really don't want that turned on) to test.

Please note that if you choose to leave the iOS keychain option off, you will see much less reliable behaviour from TouchID. When the iOS keychain option is off, the lock settings are dependent on 1Password remaining open in the background. When the iOS quits the app to reclaim memory resources, you will be prompted for their Master Password upon re-opening, regardless what your auto-lock settings are.

By providing the option to store your Master Password in the iOS keychain, we are able to respect your PIN/TouchID settings, even if the iOS closes 1Password in the background.

As a security feature, if you mistype the PIN code once (or if TouchID fails) it will clear the iOS keychain and require the Master Password to be typed to access your database.

• RangerRobAZ
    RangerRobAZ
    Community Member
    Options

Great, thanks for the reply. I'll just wait for the update for this great new feature!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @RangerRobAZ‌

Thanks so much for your patience - we're all eagerly awaiting the fix release here too! :)

• GadgetComa
    GadgetComa
    Community Member
    Options

@Megan,

First, I apologize that I didn't see (or respond to) your request for diagnostics. However, I had sent in a support request and got a response that this was being worked on. Second, the great news is that it's fixed in the latest release. I can use my PIN the way I would expect now. Thanks!

• Ben
    Options

Awesome! Thanks for the update @GadgetComa‌ !

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @GadgetComa,

Thanks so much for letting me know that you're all sorted out! I'm so glad that our team was able to help.

You know where to find us if you have any further questions or concerns. :)

(For future reference, you can change your forum notifications here to make sure you never miss another response from us!)

This discussion has been closed.