1Password 5 not working.

Options
Haifeng
Haifeng
Community Member

I had use 1Password on ios7 and i sync it with icloud. today I upgrade to ios8 and turn on icloud drive and allow 1Password 5 to use icloud drive. when i first run 1Password i pick Syne existing vault, then pick sync with icloud. its said Existing data not found. is that mean i dont have 1password data in icloud? but i check my icloud storage it has 77.2kb 1Password data at there. heres the picture.

Comments

• Shiro Ishida
    Shiro Ishida
    Community Member
    Options

I have this problem,too.
    Help!!!!

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Have you read the iCloud in 1Password 5 FAQ—and particularly the highlighted warning at the top of it? There's also a sticky right at the top of this forum.

Stephen

• Siarhei
    Siarhei
    Community Member
    Options

Absolutely the same problem.
    IOS8 with 1Password 5 (hard reset & restore to ios 8).

I do not have Mac but want to get my persisted data from iCloud.

" You can continue using 1Password on your devices as you would normally, and, when you update your Mac, your devices will once again resume syncing automatically...." from a sticky.

It is not possible to continue using app because it is not possible to get persisted data from iCloud.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Siarhei,

I'm so sorry to hear that you're having trouble. When you upgraded to iOS 8, did you enable iCloud Drive? Unfortunately, because Apple has made some big changes to iCloud for the new versions (iOS 8 and OS X 10.10 Yosemite) you will not be able to access your iCloud data if you have upgraded to iCloud Drive.

• Siarhei
    Siarhei
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Megan,

I enabled iCloud Drive upgrading to iOS8.

you will not be able to access your iCloud data if you have upgraded to iCloud Drive

So, do you mean I may say "goodbuy" to my data and start from scratch?!

My iCloud storage has 11.1 Kb of 1Password data.

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited September 2014
    Options

@Siarhei‌

A user was in the same predicament as you and this is a thread he started. https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/143005/#Comment_143005

In that thread in post 4 he explains his way of getting access to his data again. *In my understanding his solution would only work if you are not running Yosemite DP or Public beta.

I cannot say if it works as I have not needed it myself.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Siarhei‌

The roll-out of a new iCloud sync across two operating systems (iOS now and OS X hopefully soon) has made things a bit tricky for users who rely on iCloud to sync, and again, you have my apologies for the complications here.

It turns out I have got my facts a little bit turned around here. Since you do not use 1Password on a Mac, upgrading to iCloud Drive is the correct course of action to continue using iCloud sync for your iOS devices.

Now, there are a number of reasons why iCloud may not be syncing properly. We have a troubleshooting guide to help walk you through all the variables that might be affecting your iCloud sync. Please have a look through this guide to find more information:

http://guides.agilebits.com/1password-ios-kb/4/en/topic/icloud-sync-checklist-cloudkit

This discussion has been closed.