Can't edit Secure Notes [Known Issue, working on a fix]

Options
2»

Comments

• iamecho
    iamecho
    Community Member
    Options

Stephen - a completely random question, but, if you don't mind. When you add attachments is it best to use .pdf or .png ? I have searched the support notes and not found the recommended type. Could you please tell me which you would use if let's say you were storing a scan of your driver's license. Mavericks, iOS8, 1P5

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@iamecho‌ I'll try to answer your question but my knowledge is limited because:

1. I maintain all 1Password entries in 1P4 on my Mac (by which I mean that's where entries are created and edited);
    2. I sync to my iDevices using wifi—which currently (until the release of 1P5 for Mac following the release of Yosemite) does not sync attachments.

That said, I think the answer to your question will depend on two things. The first is whether both formats can be viewed natively in 1P (i.e., by highlighting the attachment and pressing the space bar, or by double clicking on the attachment). If both can be viewed in that convenient way it's probably only a matter of which format best compresses the size without prejudicing the legibility of the attachment.

My only qualification to all of that is that because I don't see my attachments on the iDevices you'll also want to check both formats can be viewed there as well as on the Mac.

Sorry it's a little long-winded but I hope it helps!

Stephen

• iamecho
    iamecho
    Community Member
    Options

That makes sense Stephen, and to answer your points, both formats work, and I think you are right .. " If both can be viewed in that convenient way it's probably only a matter of which format best compresses the size without prejudicing the legibility of the attachment." Thank you for your time.

• gnjgnj
    gnjgnj
    Community Member
    Options

Not only can I NOT update existing notes, copy/paste DOES NOT WORK, EITHER!!
    HELP PLEASE!! I use secure notes DAILY to keep track of important, personal information.

• Our developers are aware of the issue and are working on a fix. Thanks!

ref: OPI-1661

• DFW123
    DFW123
    Community Member
    Options

I would like to ad additional information to a already secure note I have made. Every time I try to add something and click save the new information goes away. Does anybody have a answers on this.

• eliotw
    eliotw
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the workaround @hawkmoth! I'm having the same issue and wanted to comment so that I can track the issue until resolved.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @DFW123,

I've merged your comment with an existing discussion on the matter.

Please note, our developers are aware of this issue and are working to get it solved as soon as possible!

In the meantime, there is a workaround that has been posted in a separate thread:

If you tap the NOTE name before pressing the SAVE button (putting the cursor on the note name), that allows the changes to the NOTE to be saved.

I hope this helps you edit your Secure Notes while we wait for the developers to find a proper solution.

• reck
    reck
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Megan,

Do you have an eta on this next release?

I understand this next version will have:-
    A simplified single auto-lock setting.
    A fixed extension that correctly resets the Master Password Auto-Lock timer.
    The extension order is remembered, so if you move 1Password to the top it stays there (not sure if this one's been confirmed or not)
    Editing secure notes.

If these fixes are indeed in the next version it would be great to get it asap.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @reck,

Unfortunately we aren't able to give out details on when the next release will be ready. We know that you're all eager for the fixes that our developers have in store, and we are doing the best we can to get it out to you all just as soon as possible.

• reck
    reck
    Community Member
    Options

Blimey your fast. Fair enough, i'll try and be patient :)

• Ben
    Options

Thanks! :)

• donheisler
    donheisler
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same problem, thanks for the workaround, been fighting this all day! Should of came here first.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

I thought the extension order issue in Safari was and ios bug, not 1Password.

• Rahim Snow
    Rahim Snow
    Community Member
    Options

Dear AgileBits,

This is a critical bug in basic functionality. I am aware there is a workaround. But it shouldn't take this long to fix it and release a new version. In fact, you should be releasing early and often.

Rahim

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2014
    Options

Hi @hawkmoth,

You're right, the extension order issue is an iOS bug, as far as I know!

Hi Rahim Snow,

I agree, this is certainly an annoying bug, and we know it's important to get a fix out to you all just as soon as possible. Unfortunately, there are a few other issues that users have mentioned that also require quick attention, and it's just not practical at this time to push a release out for a single bug.

That being said our developers have been doing some awesome work smashing a bunch of bugs lately, and you should see an update soon that fixes both this, and some of those other pesky bugs as well!

We really appreciate your patience. :)

• reck
    reck
    Community Member
    Options

Is this fixed in 5.1? Didn't see anything specific in the release notes.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @reck,

Have you tried editing a Secure Note in 5.1?

While there's nothing specific in the release notes, the Secure Note issue is grouped under the "Many fixes for the most popular issues and crashes." I've just tested here, and it looks like this issue has been resolved!

Please let me know if you're seeing something different, but I think we can happily call this bug squashed. :)

• somainer
    somainer
    Community Member
    Options

I can confirm Secure Note editing is now working in 5.1...

But please AgileBits include this kind of detail in your release notes! I realize that the culture of the App Store of late (not just for your awesome app, but all apps in general) is to keep it overly simple with statements like "Many fixes for the most popular issues and crashes." - but then at least consider saying something like "Full release notes available on our web-site" and then list them somewhere on your site and make them EASY to find. I searched for several minutes and could NOT find a list anywhere. I was NOT impressed by having to go back to the forums to learn it was fixed.

• klakulak
    klakulak
    Community Member
    Options

It has now been a few weeks and I don't see a permanent fix for when you edit a secure note it will properly save without doing some extra steps. How much longer will this take and can I get some notification so I don't have to keep checking? Thanks!

• iamecho
    iamecho
    Community Member
    Options

An update was released yesterday - works perfectly - issued resolved (along with a few other little gnats!)

• reck
    reck
    Community Member
    Options

Hi yes all seems ok now. Thanks

I looked at the release notes and thought this one would be mentioned as a bullet point with only the small little niggles wrapped up in “general bug fixe and improvements bullet points”.

I echo the post above, a link to the full release notes on the forum from the abridged app store release notes would be great.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the feedback!

This discussion has been closed.