Attachments are not viewable in 1Password 5

Options
hawkmoth
hawkmoth
Community Member
edited September 2014 in iOS

I now have iOS 8 and 1Password 5 on my iPad Air. All of the attachments that I had saved are now blank. The entires for those attachments show as file names, but they have no contents.

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

@hawkmoth‌

Is it possible you have not restored in app purchases, or this was from a new account ? Thats one of the new things for IAP. If I recall correctly you should be able to view them just not add them.

There is so much chatter tonight I am having a hard time remembering where my nuggets are found. LOL

Ah here it is:

What are the Pro Features?

In addition to everything you get for free in 1Password 5 for iOS, you can also choose to benefit from our optional Pro Features. These can be unlocked with a single $9.99 in-app purchase. And they’re free for existing users of 1Password 4!

The Pro Features include:

Creating, editing and viewing all other categories, including Wireless Routers, Software licenses and more
    Organizing items with folders and tags
    Creating and accessing multiple vaults
    Viewing attachments
    Creating custom fields

• makeintosh
    makeintosh
    Community Member
    Options

I was an existing 1Password 4 user. Just installed IOS 8 and iP 5 and have LOST all Pro Features. Pressing the "restore purchases" has zero effect. How do I get my pro features back without paying yet another $9.99.

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

@makeintosh‌

Some others are reporting a work around they found. Its not from support but it may work for you. https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/28606/1password-5-not-unlocking-pro-feature-for-existing-user#latest

• makeintosh
    makeintosh
    Community Member
    Options

Yes that works. Might have been good if the first download of version 5 actually worked. And if the app gave some warning of the inability to sync with iCloud for Mavericks. Not happy about losing that for a month.

• ladillex
    ladillex
    Community Member
    Options

Hello, im having exactly the same issue as hawkmoth! the attachments on my ipad air are now blank! on my iphone ive had no problems, and i checked and have the pro features purchased... any word about this?????

• ladillex
    ladillex
    Community Member
    edited September 2014
    Options

Hello, after upgrading my ipad to ios8 and 1password5 my attachments are now blank... ive checked and my pro features are purchased

On the other hand on my iphone my attachments are there and i can see them

whats going on?? this is a huge issue for me!

Also its really a shame i cant now sync with my mac and icloud since syncing over wifi just wont transfer attachments...

thank you

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited September 2014
    Options

The Pro features automatically showed for me when I checked them. I'll try deleting the app and downloading it again. Report later, depending on how slammed the Aplle servers are right now.

The extension formSafari works great on the few sites where I tried it.

Edit: I deleted 1Password 5 from my iPad, reset the device, and downloaded it again. I told it to sync with Dropbox, as it had been doing before I deleted and reinstalled. Now there is no record whatever of the attachments. No file name, no blank record, nothing at all to indicate there ever was an attachment.

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

@ladillex‌

I merged your topic into a previous started one.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

As others have reported, the attachments show correctly on my iPhone, but not my iPad on version 5 under iOS 8.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @hawkmoth,

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having trouble getting attachments synced over. Let's try resetting sync:

• On your iOS devices, open 1Password 4 for iOS, tap Settings > Sync > Sync Service and choose 'Disable Sync’.

• On the Mac, open 1Password 4 for Mac, and click the 1Password menu, then Preferences. Click Sync, and click Change syncing.

• Check the box to remove the data from Dropbox and confirm that you want to disable sync.

• Restart the Mac and iOS devices.

• Check your Dropbox folder and delete any other 1Password folders or files that the remove data checkbox did not take care of.

• On the Mac, go back to the Sync preferences, and click Dropbox. Click Choose vault, then navigate to your Dropbox folder and select Open. This will regenerate a 1Password folder in Dropbox, and that will contain a new 1Password.agilekeychain file.

• Allow Dropbox to fully sync.

• Go back into the iOS app and re-enable Dropbox sync.

That should get everything on the same page for you, but if you're still seeing inconsistency with attachments, we'd love to see a Diagnostics Report to get to the bottom of this!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ladillex‌

I sincerely apologize that the upgrade hasn't been a smooth process for you. Syncing attachments through Wi-Fi is a new feature that has been added to 1Password 5. While general Wi-Fi sync will work between 1Password 4 for Mac and 1Password 5 for iOS, syncing attachments this way requires 1Password 5 on both platforms. We are continuing development of 1Password 5 for Mac as we speak, as we know this is a popular request for our users.

If you would like to sync your attachments, you will need to use Dropbox sync:

http://guides.agilebits.com/1password-ios-kb/4/en/topic/switching-to-dropbox

I know this isn't a perfect solution, but I hope it helps! We're here if you have any further questions or concerns. :)

• ladillex
    ladillex
    Community Member
    Options

hi @‌megan

my issue is not that i cant sync attachments with wifi, i now know thanks to this forum that it wont be ready until yosemite release.

My problem is the same as described @hawkmoth‌ , "The entires for those attachments show as file names, but they have no contents"
    i can see there is an attachment but when i try to open it in 1password5 on my ipad it shows a blank attachment... but when i use the open option, and open it in goodreader i can see the attachment

There are 2 of us that i can see through this forum that have the same problem...

i do also have an ipad air/ios8/1password 5

but my attachments works on my iphone5 ios8 1p5

thank you!

• Cyrille
    Cyrille
    Community Member
    edited September 2014
    Options

Hello,

I have also this issue on my iPad mini (don't test on my iPad Air that I don't have with me here). The document displayed is blank in 1Password but if I open it in other application with the share feature, it is correctly displayed. On my iPhone 5S I don't have the issue. It is working correctly in 1Password.

Regards,
    Cyrille

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

After deleting and reinstalling 1Password 5 on my iPad, I can no longer even see evidence that there are attachments. There aren't even those blank entries that I saw before. The attachments still show on my iPhone, though.

• ladillex
    ladillex
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @hawkmoth,

i had the same problem, after deleting and reinstalling and syncing over wifi my attachments were gone, but after syncing with icloud my attachments went back blank again

• ladillex
    ladillex
    Community Member
    Options

also after updating to 5.0.1 attachemnts are still blank!! come on guys i moved from splashid to 1password becasue splashid had too many isssues when they upgrade their app.. now 1passwords is giving me even more issues

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ladillex‌

Again, my apologies for all the trouble you've been having here! We'll need to take a closer look at your system here to determine where things are getting tangled up.

I'd like to ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports, one from each of your devices.

—Mac—
    http://guides.agilebits.com/knowledgebase/1password4/en/topic/diagnostics-report#mac4

—iOS—
    http://guides.agilebits.com/knowledgebase/1password4/en/topic/diagnostics-report#ios4

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• ladillex
    ladillex
    Community Member
    Options

hi megan,

i already sent an email within the 1password app 2 days ago all i receives is an automated reply, im still waiting for a fix for my problem, as you can see in this thread there are 3 of us with exactly the same issue, i hope it gets fixed soon since those attachments are really important for me, i need them both in my iphone and my ipad, right now they are visible just in my iphone

thank you

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Cyrille,

In order to get this sorted out, I'll need to know a little bit more about your 1Password ecosystem:

• What are the version numbers of 1Password and your operating system for all computers and devices running 1Password?
    • What are you using to keep things in sync?

The more detail you can provide, the more quickly we'll be able to get you sorted out! :)

• ladillex
    ladillex
    Community Member
    Options

Hello, im still waiting for a fix... Any news?

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

You may find things are sorted more quickly (especially at the weekend) if you provide here the information requested in post #20.

Stephen

• oshloel
    oshloel
    Community Member
    Options

+1 Same issue. Attachments display properly on my iPhone 6 running 5.0.1 but not on my iPad Mini Retina running 5.0.1. Attachment syncing has been problematic for quite some time, predating 1pw iOS 5. It seems to go back to the release of 1PW4 on the Mac and is particularly prevalent when there is more than 1 attachment for an item. I'm running Mac OS 10.9.5 and 1pw Mac 4.4.2 beta 4, which Check Updates says is the latest version.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi everyone,

Thanks so much for your attention to this matter! I've got good news for you here. Our developers have managed to track this bug down and get it resolved. You should see an update soon that has attachments displaying correctly for you on both your iPhones and iPads.

:) Happy Monday!

This discussion has been closed.