Multiple Vaults in 1pw5 & iOS 8

Options
oshloel
oshloel
Community Member

I have successfully installed iOS 8 & 1pw5 on both my iPad mini Retina and iPhone 5s, and synced my primary vault via Dropbox.

On my Mac I also have my wife's primary vault (which is also synced via Dropbox) set up as a secondary vault so I can keep some shared items in sync between us. It has been working perfectly on our Macs; however, I have been unable to set up her primary vault as a secondary vault in 1pw5 iOS on either my phone or my iPad.

Note that both of our primary vaults are in the .opvault format. I have tried accessing her vault both via a shared folder in my Dropbox account where my opvault keychain is in the 1Password folder and her 1Password.opvault keychain is in a 1Password (Pam) folder as well as directly from her Dropbox account (by adding a second DB account in 1pw5) where her 1Password.opvault keychain is in a 1Password folder at the root level.

In all 4 cases (either method, either device) I can locate and select her opvault keychain, and can enter her vault master password; however, after doing so I'm thrown a dialog saying:

1Password will no longer sync because no sync source was found for profile. 1Password encountered a problem.

I hit the Dismiss button, get the same dialog presented again, hit Dismiss again and 1PW5 either crashes or reverts back to a pristine state with all my original primary vault items missing. Quitting (if it didn't crash) and restarting 1pw5 again properly displays the original primary vault items but there's still no secondary vault.

Is this a known issue or am I missing something in the setup process?

Rick

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Rick ( @oshloel‌ ),

Thanks for providing such a detailed description of the issue you're having! I'm sorry that the upgrade to 1Password 5 for iOS has been a bit complicated for you. Now, we did have an issue with 1Password 4 for iOS and iOS 8 where Dropbox got a little bit crashy, but this was supposedly resolved with 1Password 5 for iOS. I'm not sure if the vaults being in .opvault format has anything to do with this ...

We'll need to take a closer look at your system here to determine where things are getting tangled up.

I'd like to ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports, one from each of your devices.

—Mac—
    http://guides.agilebits.com/knowledgebase/1password4/en/topic/diagnostics-report#mac4

—iOS—
    http://guides.agilebits.com/knowledgebase/1password4/en/topic/diagnostics-report#ios4

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• oshloel
    oshloel
    Community Member
    Options

Megan,

Both diagnostic reports have been sent in a single email.

Rick

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Rick ( @oshloel ),

We've received your Diagnostics Report - thanks for sending it in! Thanks for including the relevant details about the issue in your email - that will make it much easier for our support team to get up to speed with the issue. Someone from the support team will get back to you as soon as possible with some further information. We'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid complicating things between here and there. :)

ref: QHY-77864-939

• oshloel
    oshloel
    Community Member
    Options

Bump... I received a support ticket for this issue [#QHY-77864-939] on September 18th. I've heard nothing in the almost 3 weeks since. Today I installed 1pw 5.1 and the problem still exists.

Next steps?

• rob
    Options

Hi, Rick.

I'm so sorry we lost your email in the pile. I just replied to it. Thanks for bumping this thread!

This discussion has been closed.