bitmender
bitmender
Community Member
edited September 2014 in iOS

I'm having a minor syncing problem today. My specs:

• MacBook Air running OS X 10.9.5
  • 1Password 4.4.1 (Agile Web Store)
  • 1Password for iOS 5.0
  • iPhone 5s and iPad mini (2nd generation Wi-Fi)
  • syncing only via Wi-Fi

I'm not sure when exactly I updated my iOS apps to version 5.0 but it was probably immediately after that version was released. Both devices had been syncing fine last I checked. Today, I upgraded my iPhone to iOS 8, and it's working fine. For unrelated reasons, I decided to reset my iPad back to factory specs and set it up as a new iPad. Reinstalled 1Password just fine, but when I attempt to sync I get the message "Server error: 1Password encountered a problem". See attached screen shot.

The weird thing is that I have 649 items and they all synced -- but some of the categories appear not to be syncing. Actually at first the list had ended at Credit Cards. I looked on my Mac and saw the next category was Identities but I had never set up one; in fact, it was the only category that had no items. So I made one with my basic contact info in it and synced again; this time the new Identities category showed up and the sync ended successfully (no error) but the extra categories still do not show up.

I used the Advanced -> Erase Data and Settings command, then re-synced once again. Same problem occurred

My iPhone is syncing just fine, FYI. Problem only appears to crop up if I'm syncing a fresh copy to the iOS device, and thereafter syncs work fine but the categories still do not appear.image

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bitmender,

That is a bit strange - thanks for the detailed report! Could you please confirm that your devices are all on the same Wi-Fi network? I'd also like to do a bit of a test here:

• Create a test entry on your Mac in one of the categories that isn't showing and add some data
    • Create a test entry on each of your iOS devices in one of the categories that isn't showing and add some data
    • Does "Test for Mac" show up on either of your iOS devices?
    • Does "Test for iPhone" and/or "Test for iPad" show up on your Mac?

Please let me know the results of this little experiment - once we have a better idea of where things are going sideways, we should be able to get this straightened out simply for you :)

• bitmender
    bitmender
    Community Member
    Options

It appears this issue has been resolved by the 1Password 5.0.1 update for iOS. That bug was squashed quickly!

• Thanks for the update @bitmender ! Glad to hear 5.0.1 resolved this for you.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.