Feature Request: Use iPhone Touch ID to unlock Desktop App

Options
Peterkoelbl
Peterkoelbl
Community Member
edited September 2014 in Mac

Hi, if i have an iphone later than 5s use the touch id of the iphone to unloack the desktop app. Kind Regards Peter

Comments

• aGWkZ2zxGdP4Lb
    aGWkZ2zxGdP4Lb
    Community Member
    Options

What a brilliant idea!

• CodingPanic
    CodingPanic
    Community Member
    Options

I was just wondering if it would be possible to use TouchID on an iPhone with Continuity or some other service to unlock 1Password.
    It would significantly increase the convenience and security of 1P for me. (Who cares what the password is, I have my fingerprint)

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

@CodingPanic‌

Ive seen a couple other suggestions like this in the forums. Its an intriguing idea.

ps. When I locate it I am going to merge the requests to keep them all in one place.

Tom

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

One of the other discussions is here...but I've just discovered I can't merge them!

Stephen

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

@Stephen_C‌

I thought the same and due to the dialogue box disappearing. I went ahed and found the the 2nd topic and selected it. The dialogue reappeared and was read to merge. I figure you experienced the same.

BTW Good catch that was the thread I was referring to. :)

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@thightower‌ yes, I found the other topic, added the URL of this one, went ahead to merge...and absolutely nothing happened. I tried a few times then gave up for fear of wrecking the entire board. :)

Stephen

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2014
    Options

Haha! I'm sure I've done much worse, @Stephen_C. :)

@Peterkoelbl, @aGWkZ2zxGdP4Lb, @CodingPanic‌, and @thightower‌: I'm not sure of the technical feasibility of it, but I know it's something that has come up before. I'll make sure your votes get counted!

ref: OPI-1305

This discussion has been closed.