Extension not connecting to application

Options
buenor
buenor
Community Member
edited September 2014 in iOS

This happens once in a while and there doesn't seem to be a pattern:

1. I open a website, go to the extension, do the TouchID thing and select the login provided (I only get the one choice of course) BUT
  2. it DOES NOT fill out the information, leaving all fields blank. If I try to launch the extension again, I get a short message (usually obscured really quickly
    by the TouchID pop up) that says that the extension cannot connect to application (or something along those lines).

After that, the extension simply doesn't work with any other website until I quit safari, at which point

1. the 1password extension still active but moves to the far end (this might be an apple thing though)
  2. and usually starts asking me to type my password in even though I have enabled TouchID and setup the interval for asking the password to 30 days (and of course I had just used TouchID and entered my password less than 30 days ago).

So my questions are:

1. can the extension be "re-installed" or reset without quitting Safari?
  2. Are there any rules that make it ask for password, even if the interval is set to 30 days (and the password has been entered of course) and TouchID enabled?
  3. Can these rules, if any, be customized by the user?

Thanks

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2014
    Options

Hi @buenor,

I'm so sorry to hear that you've been having trouble with the Safari extension. Thanks so much for providing such a detailed outline of your steps here. I have to say, I haven't heard of anyone else experiencing an issue like this, so I'd love to take a closer look at your system here to determine where things are getting tangled up.

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your iOS device:
    http://guides.agilebits.com/knowledgebase/1password4/en/topic/diagnostics-report#ios4

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

ref: GUX-25354-565

To answer your questions:

1. can the extension be "re-installed" or reset without quitting Safari?

Not at this time - I'm sure our team will be able to get things sorted out so that you don't need to!

1. Are there any rules that make it ask for password, even if the interval is set to 30 days (and the password has been entered of course) and TouchID enabled?

This is likely a bug that our developers are currently tracking down. If you have the Master Password set to 30 days and TouchID enabled, then you should be prompted for TouchID and not the Master Password in both the main app and the extension until that interval lapses.

1. Can these rules, if any, be customized by the user?

The rules governing when the Master Password and TouchID are requested should be set in Settings > Security. There's nothing more complex than that.

I hope this helps, but we're here if you have any further questions or concerns!

This discussion has been closed.