"1Password will no longer sync because it cannot read the sync file" [Fix steps in post #39]

Options
2»

Comments

• Durangopup
    Durangopup
    Community Member
    edited September 2014
    Options

Same problem. IPhone 5s. 8.0.2. Dropbox sync. Just uploaded diagnostic

• Technodad
    Technodad
    Community Member
    Options

+1 on the problem with 1Password losing the connection with Dropbox. It only happens on my iPad- my iPhone seems ok so far. I'll upload a diagnostic next time it fails.

• agrue
    agrue
    Community Member
    Options

I am having this exact problem: "cannot read the sync file" with Dropbox and forgetting the TouchID settings every few hours. This is on both my iPhone 5s and iPad Air. I can't figure out what triggers it; killing the app and relaunching it doesn't cause any problems. It seems purely time-based. Strangely, after I enter my password and start resetting the Dropbox sync settings it seems to remember that I want to use TouchID again (i.e. when I go to the Dropbox app to authorize and come back it prompts me for TouchID, even though I haven't messed with the setting at all).

I will try the advice in post #24 and see if that works. I'll send a diagnostic if it happens again after that.

• bdee1
    bdee1
    Community Member
    Options

same issue here for the past week or so.

• enpee
    enpee
    Community Member
    Options

I have had exactly the same problems described:

• Touch ID and settings being forgotten (only once)
    • Apparent over-prompting for master password when touch ID should be offered (could be just perception, rather than an actual problem - will have to keep an eye on it)
    • Loss of DropBox sync connection (2 times each on iPhone 5S running 8.0.1 and 8.0.2 and iPad running 8.0.1 - it would probably be more if I had set sync up again more than once. I will be submitting diagnostics reports for both devices.)

While these problems are annoying, and clearly due to bugs in either 1Password and/or iOS 8 that will be fixed in time, it has highlighted a usability issue with setting up DropBox syncing configured with 2 factor authentication - particularly when using an authenticator app.

When prompted to log into dropbox for syncing, 1Password does not offer to auto fill the username/password. I know I can copy the password, but I still have to type the email address, which is annoying, but tolerable. What is worse is switching out to the authenticator app to generate a code causes the sync initiation session to be cancelled. The codes only last 30 seconds which isn't really enough time to restart the sync session, type the email address, paste the password and then manually remember and type the 6 digit code. The only way around it seems to be by logging into DropBox manually, and it then seems to not require a two factor code when starting the sync session.

Thanks to everyone at AgileBits for producing (otherwise) excellent and essential apps.

• Philipp
    Philipp
    Community Member
    Options

I had also a problem with DB sync. But my problem was that DB was not opening or very very slow after the update to iOS 8. Then I deleted Drobox and installed the latest version again. Dropbox is working again and after restarting the sync option inside 1P also the sync is working again.

• jcr
    jcr
    Community Member
    Options

Like previous posters, i tried resetting 1Password on the device to clear all info, then set up sync again with Dropbox. This appears to have solved both the forgotten Touch ID issue and the forgotten/corrupt sync issue.

I now have to suspect that the issue has something to do with the conversion of the local database and settings when upgraded, since clearing everything appears to fix it, and the same Dropbox file is now working fine.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi everyone,

Thanks so much for sending those Diagnostics Reports in to our team. It should help them track this bug down.

For any new posters, the current steps to at least temporarily resolve this issue are in this post in a similar thread.

At this time, we suspect that an iOS issue might be causing some preferences to be lost. Our developers are working to confirm this suspicion. Once we know where things are getting tangled up, we can report to Apple (if necessary) and start building a workaround.

We really appreciate your patience in this matter. Again, we know this is a nasty bug, and we're doing what we can to get it resolved as soon as possible!

This discussion has been closed.