Safari extension shows a blank page

Options
Rudy_40
Rudy_40
Community Member
edited September 2014 in iOS

Hi,
I have installed 1password pro in my iPhone 6. When I open the extension to fill the form with safari and login with the Touch ID, 1password only shows a blank page instead of my identifications informations :

Thanks for your help !

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Rudy_40‌

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with 1Password's app extension right now. Now, the app extension isn't yet quite as fancy as the browser extension in your desktop. You cannot open the extension first and choose a page to open and log in to. You need to be viewing a page with log in fields. Then, when you open the extension, 1Password will show you the Logins you have that match the URL you are viewing.

Are you visiting a page that you have a Login saved in 1Password?

• Rudy_40
    Rudy_40
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your answer !
    "You need to be viewing a page with log in fields. Then, when you open the extension" that's what I did, but I thought we could use an universal login/password without specifying the website !
    So now I'd like to if it is possible to use an universal Login (for the websites that I use with the same mail address and same password) ?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Rudy_40,

You should never use the same password on multiple websites. One of the easiest ways for an attacker to get into your digital life is by trying the username and password combination that they got from hacking randomsite.com on other websites. If you use the same password on multiple sites, they could be into your life and your data very quickly!

The benefit of 1Password is that it will store all of your unique passwords for each site and allow you to access them after entering your Master Password. In fact, we've got a handy video that explains exactly what it is that we do here.

If you're just starting to use 1Password, please take a look at our User Guide for how to start creating and saving Logins with 1Password. Once you have a Login saved for, say, Facebook.com, you can visit that site in mobile Safari and when you access the 1Password extension, 1Password will show you your Facebook Login. Then you simply have to tap the Login to have 1Password fill your details!

I hope this helps, but we're here if you have any further questions or concerns. :)

This discussion has been closed.