Where to report sites not working with extension?

Options
steve28
steve28
Community Member

Where is the best place to report sites that don't work with the safari extension on iOS?

Found another one: connect.garmin.com

It recognizes the site correctly, but doesn't fill in the user/pass

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @steve28,

For now, here is a great place to report errors like this. You can also email in to our team at support@agilebits.com with the relevant details. For this particular site, I manually created a new Login using 1Password 4 for Mac like this:

• Edit the login that you currently have for this website by appending an "Old" to the title - just so you can tell them apart.
    • Visit the site and fill in the fields you want filled. Do NOT click the login button.
    • Click the 1Password extension, and unlock it if necessary.
    • Click the gear icon (or vault icon if multiple vaults are enabled) in the upper right corner.
    • Select Save new login.
    • Give the entry a unique and identifiable title.
    • Click Save.
    • Revisit the site and see if 1Password fills in the site correctly.

When I did so, 1Password saved 2 URLs for the site. The top URL does not fill on iOS, but if I tap on the second one (sso.garmin.com) my details will be filled correctly. Since I'm only using demo data, I'm not quite sure if that log in pane will take you where you want to be, but it might be worth a shot!

• steve28
    steve28
    Community Member
    edited September 2014
    Options

@Megan‌ - not sure how you "tap the second one" in the safari extension. when I followed your steps, I did get an entry like yours (with two URLS), but when I go to the safari extension on my iPad, it doesn't fill.

[EDIT: I see what you are saying now - but that's many more steps (go into 1P, search for garmin, open card, select second URL, opens in safari, then fill). I know I could open in the 1brosewer, but then I have to remember to switch apps for this one site. This should just work properly in the first place, no?]

• Hi @steve28‌

It appears because of the way the Garmin site is developed our current default method of filling will not work with it. I agree that ideally we'd be able to solve that problem in our code, but for now the workaround Megan suggested is the only solution I'm aware of. We'll continue to improve the extension and filling in future updates.

Thanks!

Ben

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @steve28,

I apologize, those instructions weren't as clear as they could have been. If you use sso.garmin.com in mobile Safari, 1Password will fill your details properly. Again, because I'm using demo data, it errors out instead of taking me to the next page - if you use your actual data, does sso.garmin.com take you where you want to go?

I'd be happy to pass along the connect.garmin.com site to our developers though.

This discussion has been closed.