Two icloud accounts - switching to just on

Options
Jen
Jen
Community Member

I would like to port over my 1Password information from my old iCloud(MobileMe) account to my new iCloud account? How do I do that? Thanks

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Jen,

In order to get this sorted out, I'll need to know a little bit more about your 1Password ecosystem:

• What are the version numbers of 1Password and your operating system for all computers and devices running 1Password?
    • Which devices currently hold your most up-to-date 1Password data?

The more detail you can provide, the more quickly we'll be able to get you sorted out! :)

• Jen
    Jen
    Community Member
    Options

Mac Air has Software OS X 10.9.4 has the unique iCloud account (that I do not want) and is of course, has the the most up-to-date. I am on 1Password 4 for Mac and it says I have the latest updates installed. My iPhone 5 and has IOS 7 at the moment have 1Password 4 with all apps saying they are updated. I have an iPad 5 with iOS 8 have 1Password 4 with all apps saying they are updated. thanks

• Ben
    Ben
    edited September 2014
    Options

Hi @Jen

Okay, thank you for the information! Unfortunately at the moment iCloud will not be able to sync your data with this setup. In 1Password 5, iCloud sync requires iOS 8 and OS X 10.10 (Yosemite). Because Yosemite has not yet been released, it is currently not possible to sync iOS 8 devices with Macs using iCloud.

What I would suggest instead would be to sync your 1Password data via Dropbox. Instructions can be found here:

I do apologize about the inconvenience regarding iCloud. Unfortunately there are some growing pains with the transition to iCloud Drive. You can read a little more about this here:

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.