the latest sync with iTunes has just broken 1Password on my iPhone4 [Resolved]

Options
aaaashy
aaaashy
Community Member
edited September 2014 in iOS

i updated all the apps on my desktop copy of iTunes prior to syncing with my iPhone4 running iOS7, but it appears that either Apple or AgileBits has made an error in allowing the app to be updated to a version that only works in iOS8

the result was that during the sync with my phone i received a window saying:

"Some of the apps in your iTunes library were not installed because they are not compatible with this iPhone (they require a newer version of iPhone software)"

the result was that 1Password, a couple of others and, ironically, two Apple apps ... Find iPhone and Find Friends were removed from my phone

surely this cannot be right!

was it Apples fault in allowing iTunes to update apps to version iOS* when i had iOS7 installed, or was it a blend of developer and Apple ?

and is there a way that i can get the earlier version of the iOS app from you? so i can replace this newer unworkable version in my desktops iTunes library with the earlier one?

many thanks

Comments

• aaaashy
    aaaashy
    Community Member
    Options

i have to shamefaced admit that whilst having spent the last two hours trying to resolve what i saw on my desktop i posted to this site!

i should have waited until i had finished all my attempts and checked my iPhone!!!!

because i have found a working copy of 1Passport

sorry!

the only redeeming part of this escapade is that anyone reading this prior to syncing with their desktop copy of iTunes will now know that the alerts do not mean that the app is either broken or removed from the iPhone ..... it just looks like that is what is happening

feel free to remove this posting

red faced and collecting my coat

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @aaaashy‌

I'm so relieved to hear that you're all sorted out! No need to feel bad, I would have been a bit stressed out if that happened to me as well.

Since this issue is nicely sorted out now, I'll close this thread.

I hope that 1Password works smoothly for you from now on, but if you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to open a new thread, or email us directly at support@agilebits.com - we're here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.