Edits to Secure Notes are not saved. [Known Issue, working on a fix]

Options
jhooknc
jhooknc
Community Member
edited September 2014 in iOS

I upgraded to the new version of 5.0.1 today and I can no longer make edits to any information on iOS 8. It allows me to edit but when I save, the edits do not take.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Please note I've not had the chance to try what I'm suggesting here.

There was a problem saving edits to secure notes in version 5.0 and this post gives a workaround. You could just try to see if that workaround works for the problem in 5.0.1. Please report back. It's only an idea so may well not work.

Stephen

• Jonathan_YOW
    Jonathan_YOW
    Community Member
    Options

5.0.1 even worse and now workaround broken - on save the original content of the note is added below the edited content of the note.

• jhooknc
    jhooknc
    Community Member
    Options

Only way to make changes is to copy the item, delete and then create new. Very disappointed that this simple item was not tested prior to releasing this version. Now I wonder about quality and this product is protecting all my passwords!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They get corrupted or lost.....well shame on you.

• jhooknc
    jhooknc
    Community Member
    Options

This occurs on notes and login records..forgot to mention that as there is awareness to the secure note edit problem.

• Chris100
    Chris100
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same problem as @Jonathan_yow.

When you edit the note field of a login item, it causes all the note text to be repeated, separated by =====

Also the keyboard sometimes covers up the note text you are editing, with no ability to scroll into view.

Not sure if this is the same issue being reported by others in this thread.

• Kochoo
    Kochoo
    Community Member
    edited September 2014
    Options

Just to confirm. Ver 5.0.1 didn't fix this bug. Reinstaling, syncing with 1password for Mac didn't resolve this. I hope Agilebits realize that this is a HUGE BUG!
    Sometimes it is better to fully test an app before actually release it. I know that money matters , but this is an app that deals with passwords and secure logins!

BTW workaround from #Comment_142721 still works:

If you tap the NOTE name before pressing the SAVE button (putting the cursor on the note name), that allows the changes to the NOTE to be saved.

• Kerfuffle
    Kerfuffle
    Community Member
    Options

Kochoo's tip worked for me. Tapping on the secure note title before saving kept the edit.

• EasyD
    EasyD
    Community Member
    Options

Kochoo's tip worked for me as well to edit Secure Notes... Hope there's a real fix soon!

• wsgatesnz
    wsgatesnz
    Community Member
    Options

Come on AgileBits please get this sorted. As above this is not a minor bug. I can't understand how this slipped thru!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi everyone,

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience here. Our developers are aware of the issue with respect to Secure Notes, and are working to get it sorted out just as soon as possible. I'm glad to hear that you've found a bit of a workaround ... hopefully this oddity will help our developers track the bug down!

ref: OPI-1661

@jhooknc‌ and @Chris100‌

I'm so sorry to hear that you are seeing this issue with Logins as well. Could you please tell me a bit more about the steps that you're taking that lead to this error? (Although, Chris, I have seen the keyboard issue ... and that's on the list!) I've tried to edit a few Login items and they seem to behave properly. If you could give me a bit more detail here, I'll do my best to recreate the issue so that we can get our developers started on squashing this one as way!

Thanks so much for your help in tracking these bugs down. :)

• jimthing
    jimthing
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

(Comment edited by Admin at user's request)

Are these issues related?

"Birthdates off by one day in 1Password 5. [Under Investigation]":
    https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/28709

"Birthdates are not displaying correctly":
    https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/28883

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi there,

Just an update here - this bug has been fixed in version 5.1! Unfortunately, our developers are still working to squash the annoying date bugs that you mention above, @jimthing‌, but we'll do our best to have those solved soon too. :)

This discussion has been closed.