1Password no longer fills in userid and password on my iMac [check 1P Safari extension enabled]

Options
FredV
FredV
Community Member
edited September 2014 in Mac

Unfortunately I upgraded my account to iCloud Drive and now 1Password no longer will fill in the username and password when I type
command . I tried changing the syncing method away from Dropbox, but now I'm back to syncing with Dropbox. Dropbox is keeping up-to-date info on my passwords, but I'm at a loss as to what I can do to have the passwords automatically filled in. Currently I have to manually copy and paste the passwords. Any suggestions on how I should try to get 1Password working like it use to?

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Did you upgrade to OS X 10.9.5 and are you using Safari? If so go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions and just check that the 1Password extension is enabled. If that doesn't sort it for you please let us know your OS X and 1P4 password version numbers, the browser you are using and the 1P4 browser extension version number.

Stephen

• FredV
    FredV
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you Stephen. It wasn't marked as enabled. 1Password now works like it should.

• tuni12
    tuni12
    Community Member
    Options

yeah, that happened to me too - once I re-enabled 1PW if works fine, the key is back inthe menu

• Grunt_at_the_Point
    Options

I lost the 1password mini icon after upgrading to OS X 10.9.5. I resolved the problem with Stephen C fix. Thanks

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Awesome! Thanks for the updates, folks. I'm glad that did the trick for you. For some reason, the 10.9.5 update disables all Safari extensions (sometimes?). It can be a bit disorienting to have that happen, but I'm glad @Stephen_C‌ was able to help you get it sorted out.

Have a great weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.