Attachments with Wifi Sync (still) not working

Options
Henkos
Henkos
Community Member
edited September 2014 in iOS

I just installed the latest version of 1Password on my iPhone 5s (running IOS 8.0). I was happy to read in the release notes that it now supports Wifi Sync with attachments!

As i can't sync through the Cloud anymore (iCloud drive on iPhone versus Mavericks iCloud on my Mac), I was hoping to sync my iphone (until Yosemite is released for OSX) with Wifi Sync.

Unfortunately, it is not working... It does sync all of the items, but still not the attachments.

I deleted 1Password from my iPhone 5s. Rebooted the iPhone and reinstalled 1Password. I did choose to sync (on the first start of 1Password) with an existing vault and selected Wifi Sync. Again, all working..... except for the attachments. They are still missing on the iPhone.

Note: To make sure it wasn't conflicting with any of the iCloud versions, I deleted the Cloud content on both the Mac and iPhone. Also of course I disabled on both devices the iCloud sync.

Any idea how to fix this?

Cheers

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Wifi sync with iOS 8 will sync attachments to/from a Mac only once Yosemite and 1P5 for Mac are released, as I understand the position. Wifi sync between devices running iOS 8 does sync attachments already on the iDevices, I believe.

Stephen

• Aelver
    Aelver
    Community Member
    Options

Very annoying!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Aelver,

I sincerely apologize for the trouble here. Hopefully Apple will release Yosemite soon so that we can get our 1Password for Mac update out to users and get you the Wi-Fi sync you've all been waiting so patiently for. :)

• tinkerer33
    tinkerer33
    Community Member
    Options

Well, I'm running yosemite and 8.0.2 on my iPhone but it still won't let me view attachments. Sounds like a bug to me.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tinkerer33‌ Now this workaround will really depend on how many items you have that have attachments. If it's one or two then this wouldn't be too onerous, if it's a lot then you may view this suggestion as impractical.

I found mine was behaving in a similar fashion to yours, items that had attachments prior to the update to 1Password 5 on all devices weren't syncing the attachments afterwards as expected. What I did was on my mac I duplicated an item that had attachments, copied all the attachments from the original item to my download folder and then attached them to the new copy before deleting the original. I then did this for the 4/5 items that had attachments and when I next synced via WiFi those new items had attachments that were viewable. Don't ask me why that makes a difference - it just did.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the assist, @littlebobbytables‌

This discussion has been closed.