1Password cloud change

Options
sasoon
sasoon
Community Member

How could you release update for IOS before Mac version is updated?

I have automatic updates for IOS, so 1Password is updated and it changed cloud sync, and it does not sync with Mac any more.
I have lots of server passwords that I need to access (and create/update) on both IOS and Mac.
Any suggestions what to do now?

If I add new passwords to IOS app, and more passwords to Mac app (which are now out of sync), what will happen when OSX is upgraded to Yosemite and 1Pass to ver 5 on OSX? Will I lose passwords entered on IOS, or lose passwords entered on Mac, or will they merge?

Comments

• iaincd
    iaincd
    Community Member
    Options

I have exactly the same experience. It is really really annoying

• benfdc
    benfdc
    Community Member
    Options

The CloudKit FAQ that is presently in the 1P4/iOS user guide needs to be posted in the 1P4/Mac and 1P5/iOS user guides as well.

@Sasoon, the answers to all of your questions—except for the (possibly rhetorical) “How could you” query—are in that FAQ.

• @benfdc's advice of checking out our CloudKit FAQ is sound.

As for the "how could you" question -- iOS 8 was released before OS X Yosemite. We released our updated iOS app to coincide with the iOS 8 release, and will likely do the same with the Mac application.

I'll also point out (as is mentioned in the FAQ) that we do have other sync options available besides iCloud. Dropbox is perfectly serviceable and is what I personally choose use as it works across all of my devices, not just my latest and greatest Apple devices. If Dropbox isn't a viable option for you, we also have WiFi sync.

Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.