New 1Password login required every time I try to log on to a new site, no Premium features

Options
arfer
arfer
Community Member

1Password Ver 1.5 running on iOS 8 on my iPad Air
1Password is unlocked.
Security settings are:
Request after 30 Days
Don't Lock on Exit

I go to a login screen on Safari and invoke the extension and up pops a window asking me to login to 1Password???
When I check 1Password on my desktop it is still open!

Anyways....I dutifully login again to the popup 1P screen which then fills in my login credentials for that site.
I decide to visit another site and...guess what???....up pops the little 1P screen asking me to login again.

Perhaps it has to do with the fact that I can't unlock the premium features which I most certainly paid for.
And yes...as per your written advice above...I have deleted it, reset the Ipad and reinstalled now multiple times....still the same behaviour.

This is ridiculous....and I might add....makes the program unusable.
What is the fix please?...for both issues??

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @arfer,

I apologize for the trouble here. Unfortunately, the iOS app extension doesn't work quite the same as the desktop extension, but it should still respect your security settings. Could you please confirm if you have 'Use iOS keychain' enabled in Settings > Advanced? We are seeing some cases of the extension misbehaving when this setting is not enabled.

As to your second point, please make sure that you are updated to the latest version of 1Password 5 for iOS. Our developers released an update yesterday that should give you access to the Pro features. Please note that if you purchased 1Password 4 for iOS and are upgrading to the Pro features for free, you'll need to be signed in to the App Store with the same AppleID as you were when you made your purchase of 1Password. :)

• arfer
    arfer
    Community Member
    Options

Hello Megan,

Thanks for the detailed response.

Some more background for you:
    I bought a full combined licence last week covering my Macbook Air, PC, iPhone 3GS (Sighhh), iPod Touch and iPad Air. This was my first purchase of 1Password. Consequently there was no upgrade from an earlier version.
    My PC, Macbook Air and iPhone are all working as expected with Pro features enabled. The remaining two devices don't show the Pro features. Both are brand new and running iOS 8. Both have had 1Password downloaded from the App Store and reinstalled multiple times...as late as 10 minutes ago so they are running the latest release.Both have 'Use iOS keychain' enabled in Settings > Advanced.
    Both are signed into the App Store under the same ID as the one used to make my purchase last week.

It's not critical to me...just annoying. I'm sure your developers are doing all they can....it's probably worrying them more than me right now.
    On the plus side...I was able to port all 487 records across from Keepass flawlessly with help from your MrC. ...:))
    All five devices are syncing readily across Dropbox and I'm gradually learning how it all works.

Let's see how things develop..:))

• littlebobbytables
    Options

@arfer I'm curious, you refer to purchasing a full combined licence but I'm not exactly sure what you mean by that. Do you mean you've made separate purchases, one to cover your desktop machines and then the in-app purchase too or did you purchase the iOS version via iTunes before the app went to a freemium model? In other recent posts you say none of your iOS devices are working and also refer unlocking the pro features of the desktop version - something I don't think exists so I'm a little confused as to your setup and situation.

Purchasing the desktop version either from AgileBits or via Apple's App Store doesn't include a licence to the iOS version. New iOS users are expected to purchase the pro upgrade through the in-app purchase while older customers who purchased 1Password 4 when it wasn't free get the free upgrade (which some are having difficulty with). With the desktop version, AgileBits have a trial version which you can unlock but the trial version is complete - you're not unlocking any new features when you purchase a licence.

• arfer
    arfer
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Lilbobby.....It seems I was confused by the licence reference to covering all PC and Mac machines. I loosely interpreted the Mac as meaning all Apple devices including the iOS ones.
    My bad!
    After gentle prompting by Support I reviewed the license web page and it's clear that I need to pay extra for the iOS devices.
    I've done that now and all devices are running the Pro version and syncing through Dropbox.

Thanks for your patience Megan

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @arfer,

I apologize for the confusion with licensing ... you're certainly not the first person to be a bit baffled by the licensing. I'm so glad to hear though that you're all set up now with the Pro features and syncing via Dropbox.

Thanks so much for your support of 1Password! We're here to help if you have any further questions or concerns. :)

This discussion has been closed.