Extension not filling on NatureMade.com or Fidelity.com

Options
Megan
Megan
1Password Alumni
This discussion was created from comments split from: Safari extension not filling fields.

Comments

• JDW
    JDW
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem here. No Auto Fill for NatureMade.com or Fidelity.com. Auto Fill does work for this forum though, so I know the feature is not completely broken.

Furthermore, it's quite upsetting that I must reenter my password every single time I access the extension in Safari, even if I've already unlocked it once on the same web page. At least give us the option to keep the extension Unlocked for a fixed amount of time. If you don't fix that, for me anyway, there's really no meaning to have the extension at all. It's easier to unlock the main 1Password app once and switch between it and Safari to copy out data than it is to enter my 19 digit master password an endless number of times in the Safari extension.

Thank you.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @JDW,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble filling in some Logins in mobile Safari.

For Fidelity.com, I created a fresh Login using 1Password 4 for Mac's extension in Safari. Let's try this:

• Edit the login that you currently have for this website by appending an "Old" to the title - just so you can tell them apart.
    • Visit the site and fill in the fields you want filled. Do NOT click the login button.
    • Click the 1Password extension, and unlock it if necessary.
    • Click the gear icon (or vault icon if multiple vaults are enabled) in the upper right corner.
    • Select Save new login.
    • Give the entry a unique and identifiable title.
    • Click Save.
    • Revisit the site and see if 1Password fills in the site correctly.

This new Login filled in nicely on the same page in mobile Safari and 1Password's built-in 1Browser.

I am, however unable to get a Login for Naturemade.com to fill in on mobile Safari. Are you using the full site? (I was unable to find a log in option for the mobile site ... but I didn't search too far!)

Furthermore, it's quite upsetting that I must reenter my password every single time I access the extension in Safari, even if I've already unlocked it once on the same web page. At least give us the option to keep the extension Unlocked for a fixed amount of time.

The idea is that the Safari extension should respect the lock settings that you have set in the main app. Our developers are currently looking into why this is not working for some users. Could you let me know if you have 'Use iOS keychain' selected in 1Password's Settings > Advanced?

ref: OPI-1701

• JDW
    JDW
    Community Member
    edited September 2014
    Options

Yes, I have "Use iOS keychain" enabled in 1Password's Settings > Advanced. However, I do not have a passcode setup on my iPad3 running iOS8, if that matters.

Here's the Nature Made Login page (not a mobile page) that I always use in Safari on my iPad:

http://www.naturemade.com/login

By the way, in the past I had issues with that same Nature Made login page when using 1Password on my Mac too, as we discussed here:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/25049/auto-fill-broken-at-naturemade-com-login/p1

FIDELITY Question: Before I try your advice regarding Fidelity on my iPad, I assume that the Login you suggest I create on my iPad will propagate to my Mac via DropBox and work fine there too? If so, it is curious why the Login I created originally on my Mac is propagating to my iPad via DropBox yet not filling in data when used on the iPad. Or is it that there is some bug/data glitch within the original Mac-generated fidelity Login that 1Password for iOS chokes on?

Thank you very much for your excellent support and detailed assistance.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @JDW,

Thanks for clarifying that for me. It appears then that 1Password is having difficulty with the NatureMade site in mobile Safari. I'll pass that URL along to our developers to see if we can't improve 1Password's behaviour here.

If so, it is curious why the Login I created originally on my Mac is propagating to my iPad via DropBox yet not filling in data when used on the iPad. Or is it that there is some bug/data glitch within the original Mac-generated fidelity Login that 1Password for iOS chokes on?

I can't quite say where your existing Login is getting tripped up, it could be a number of things. All I know is that a freshly created Login (made on my Mac) is able to fill in the Safari extension on iOS. I'm hoping that a fresh Login will work for you as well! :)

• JDW
    JDW
    Community Member
    Options

...a freshly created Login (made on my Mac) is able to fill in...

So you are saying that whenever I have data-fill problems in Mobile Safari on my iPad, I should recreate the login on my Mac, rather than recreate the login on my iPad?

Thanks.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @JDW,

I know it sounds odd, but the benefit of saving via the browser on Mac is that it allows 1Password to re-learn the fields that need to be filled in a way that is not possible on the iPad. For a non-developer like me, it's some sort of coding 'magic', all I know is that it seems to work. ;)

This discussion has been closed.