Make it easy: how about a quick link to instructions on setting up in iOS8 Safari?

Options
Elizabeth Meister
Elizabeth Meister
Community Member

https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-ios/5/en/topic/extension

This REALLY needs to be highlighted -- it's super difficult right now to cut to the chase and figure out how to take advantage of the swell new integration you're offering. I just blew about 30 minutes looking all over for this ... as did a friend and my husband.

Thanks for listening!

Comments

• tuni12
    tuni12
    Community Member
    Options

I think that's a great idea FWIW...since I can't find the extension on my iPhone 4S

• leesweet
    leesweet
    Community Member
    Options

This isn't a 1P issue, but I've seen it (the extension) go back to the right side when you move it to the left side of the row. I assume that's a Safari/iOS 8 bug.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Elizabeth,

I sincerely apologize for the trouble here. We've done our best to publicize our user guide and make sure that users can find the help that they need. It is hard to get the important information out to our users without being spammy. However, the extension article you mention was actually in a recent blog post. To be sure you don't miss a thing, stay tuned here ... or check out our blog, follow us on Twitter (@1Password) and Facebook, or sign up for our newsletters.

I am glad to hear that you eventually found what you're looking for!

Hi @tuni12,

If you've set up the extension as is suggested in the link that Elizabeth posted above, you should see it in the Share screen, although you may have to scroll. As @leesweet‌ says, we are seeing what we think is an iOS 8 bug where the re-ordering of extensions is not respected. If you have set up the extension and still cannot see it at all in your Share screen, please do let us know and we'll investigate further!

• leesweet
    leesweet
    Community Member
    Options

And, BTW, it's a general issue with extensions. At Macrumors, I've seen reports of other extensions having the same issue. So, either it will be fixed in an 8.0.x update, or Apple wants their stuff on the left. :)

• So, either it will be fixed in an 8.0.x update, or Apple wants their stuff on the left.

I would not be surprised either way. ;)

This discussion has been closed.