License is not Working

Options
afribase
afribase
Community Member

Hi - I recently updated the software and now get screen, Your 1Password Trial has Expired!
I have Mac Version 3.8.22 (build 32010) - I downloaded my license file once again and tried installing (does not work).
When I click on the License, it asks for Name and Key - Where do I get this from?

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    Options

If you have a valid licence file then I believe that means you have a valid licence for 1Password 4 while you refer to version 3. Are you looking to purposely stay with v3? I believe AgileBits will offer a key for v3 on request if you've purchased v4 but for whatever reason want to stay with an older version.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Indeed. @littlebobbytables‌ is correct. 1Password 4 for Mac uses a license file. 1Password 3 for Mac uses a license key. If you want to use 1Password 4 for Mac (recommended) you can obtain it from the downloads page: https://agilebits.com/downloads

If you need to stick with 1Password 3 for Mac for some reason, please email us. We're happy to provide you with a v3 license key if you need one.

:)

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @afribase,

Turns out you do already have a license for 1Password 4; I've remailed you the license information for it. And if still need a license for 1Password 3 please drop us email, like @khad mentioned, and we'll be happy to help out with that.

This discussion has been closed.