1Password hangs while waiting for fingerprints

Options
lanzani
lanzani
Community Member

Steps to replicate (iOS 8 GM, iPhone 5s, latest 1Password using Wi-Fi sync):

• Click on 1Password
  • Immediately put my finger on the finger scanner
  • 1Password gets unlocked but still prompts me for my finger on the foreground)
  • Home button doesn't work anymore, need to use the power button, see the "Turn iPhone off" screen, hit Cancel, and the iPhone is all and well again.

Comments

• Hi @lanzani‌

I'm unable to reproduce this issue (though I have an iPhone 5, and an iPhone 6, no 5s). Have you tried reinstalling the iOS app?

Thanks.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

My iPhone 5s under iOS 8 and 1Password 5.01 does not hang like that either. If I place my finger on the home button immediately after opening the app, but befor the screen printing for the fingerprint appears, it opens normally. The prompt screen appears briefly, and disappears.

• atl4141
    atl4141
    Community Member
    Options

Other posts describe a similar issue with iPhone 6 and 1Password 5.0.1. I have also noticed that sometimes you have to disable and enable Use TouchID and Use iOS Keychain under Advanced Settings to get prompted to use TouchID.

• lanzani
    lanzani
    Community Member
    Options

It does not present itself always, there's some time frame in which you can see it (probably when you put your finger on the sensor matters a lot). Will keep you posted if I see more of it.

• Any further details about how to reproduce this problem would be appreciated. At this point I've been unable to see it happen on any of my devices. If we can't see it, it is extremely difficult to fix. :)

Thanks!

• lanzani
    lanzani
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @bwoodruff‌,

I can imagine it's difficult to fix if you can't reproduce. At this time, I still see it with the latest 1P and 1Pß. It kind of happens randomly on me, but always when I lay my finger on the home button while 1P is launching.

Is there some sort of loggin I could activate on 1Pß?

• Hi @lanzani,

Can you try today's 1Password 5.1 for iOS update and see if it is working better? We made a lot of improvements for TouchID support there.

If it is still problematic, there's something specific to your setup we need to look at. Do you have Xcode installed by any chance?

If not, please do this:

1. Open the 1Password app on your iOS device, unlock, and go to Settings > Advanced > Troubleshooting
    2. Tap on Log Settings, and enable the TouchID on the bottom of the list, also tap on any Lock related logs, such as UILock and Lock.
    3. Reproduce the problem with TouchID and after that, please go back to Settings > Advanced > Troubleshooting and tap on Email Diagnostics to email us the report.

Let us know when you do and please share the ticket ID here, so we can follow up.

Thanks!

• lanzani
    lanzani
    Community Member
    Options

I have Xcode. What's the procedure in that case?

Anyhow, trying with the logs enabled makes the issue disappear, in exquisite quantum mechanics style. I'll do more testing to see whether I can nail it down.

Thanks for the assistance.

• lanzani
    lanzani
    Community Member
    Options

Got it. Sent an email referencing this thread. Let me know

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @lanzani,

We've received your Diagnostics Report - thanks for sending it in! I've updated the email thread with the necessary details from this forum discussion so that it is easier for our support team to get up to speed with the issue. Someone from the support team will get back to you as soon as possible with some further information. We'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid complicating things between here and there. :)

ref: IVP-85689-879

• lanzani
    lanzani
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @megan,

I'll patiently wait then. Love to see 1P getting better and better (PS: I can test ß builds, I'm enrolled in the program).

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @lanzani,

Thanks so much for your patience and your kind words! :)

• AGKyle
    AGKyle
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@‌lanzani

I will also be emailing you but wanted to reply here in the thread as well. This is a bug on Apple's side. You can recreate it with other applications as well. I had to ask a developer about this earlier this week since I seen it myself. I wish I had a radar but if we filed one for it then I can't get it at the moment since the developers are in Montreal for a conference. But if it's not already filed I'll see if we can get one filed for it.

Hope that helps!

Kyle

This discussion has been closed.