No TouchID or Safari Extension in iOS8 after either update or reinstall [Resolved]

Options
sstringer
sstringer
Community Member
edited September 2014 in iOS

Symptom: No TouchID capabilities, no Safari Extension
Versions: iOS 8, 1Password 5.01 Pro, iPhone 5s

In 1Password settings, the Pro Features shows that the pro version is purchased.

I've tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling via the iOS App Store to no avail. Yes, I've used the same Apple ID to reinstall as I used to purchase the app. I've rebooted the iPhone, and have searched the web for solutions.

For what it's worth, the exact same thing is happening on my iPad2 after updating (minus the TouchID support, of course).

Am I missing something?

Many thanks,
Steve

Comments

• Hi @sstringer‌

The extension is not enabled by default. You can find instructions on enabling it here:

Do you have touch ID enabled on the device itself?

Thanks.

• sstringer
    sstringer
    Community Member
    edited September 2014
    Options

Thanks, bwoodruff

The extension activation guide worked. I had actually done that earlier, but the switch was missing prior to reinstalling and I forgot to check again later.

Likewise, the, TouchID settings in 1Password are there now after the reinstall. I forgot to check for magically reappearing settings.

All is well, now.

Thanks,
    Steve

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Steve ( @sstringer ),

I'm so glad to hear that Ben was able to get things sorted out for you! Since this issue is nicely sorted out now, I'll close this thread, but if you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to open a new thread, or email us directly at support@agilebits.com - we're here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.