Using IOS 8 while waiting for Yosemite

Options
tylerstringer
tylerstringer
Community Member

I have read and tried to understand the various ways of switching syncing out of Icloud while waiting for Cloud drive to launch with Yosemite... It all seems confusing... Is there an easy way to sync my Iphone running 8 with my Macs running 10.9.4 at least once for that info until Yosemite is released? I just want to have the info avail... For some reason, my Iphone 5s will sync exactly ONE contact... Help please... This is an epic fail to release this so far in front of Yosemite and break the Icloud sync... poor planning ladies and gentlemen.

Comments

• pelted
    pelted
    Community Member
    Options

There seems to be at least two ways of dealing with this from what I've tried. I switched back to using Dropbox sync for now, but you could also just use Wifi syncing I believe and that should get you moving until Yosemite.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tylerstringer‌

I sincerely apologize for the confusion here. I know the situation with iCloud is a little bit baffling. We've been doing the best we can to educate users, but there are a lot of variables involved. When Apple announced the changes to iCloud our developers took advantage of these new tools to upgrade 1Password's iCloud sync to provide a better and more reliable sync experience for our users. We had no idea that Apple would choose to release iOS 8 and OS X 10.10 Yosemite at different times, making users wait in order to take full advantage of iCloud's new sync. We're all hoping that Apple chooses to release Yosemite soon!

In the meantime, as @pelted says, we recommend switching to Dropbox or Wi-Fi sync if you need to keep 1Password 5 for iOS in sync with 1Password 4 for Mac.

I hope this helps, but if you have any further questions, we're here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.