Add image like secure note or attachments (1Password 5.0.1 Pro) [Planned for a future update]

Options
ticlid
ticlid
Community Member
edited September 2014 in iOS

Hi! I need to add one file (image) witn information like a secure note or attachment to a credit card. How can I do this?

Comments

• Hi @ticlid‌

1Password for iOS does not currently have the ability to create attachments (only read them). Attachments must be added from one of our desktop products (1Password for Mac or 1Password for Windows). It is on the to-do list for our developers to add full attachment support on iOS.

Thanks!

Ben

• ticlid
    ticlid
    Community Member
    Options

Ok. Thanks a lot for the answer!!! Because I´m using LastPass but I would to change to 1Password with posibility to add image on IOs.

• Hi @ticlid,

On behalf of Ben, you're welcome. This is a popular request, we definitely want to support adding attachments on the mobile devices in a future update, especially when considering many of our 1Password customers don't even have a computer to attach files from.

• ticlid
    ticlid
    Community Member
    Options

Ok. So, for the future update: I would like to have an option to add some photo (for example, a table with control numbers for my bank account) to the information o item about my bank account and when I need to do some transfer or another operation I need to see this photo directly from my phone app 1Password (but not only download the attachment). I can add attachment in the Windows software but for see this I need to download it. This is not so practically.

Thank you!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ticlid‌

Thanks so much for the feedback! As @MikeT says, we do plan on adding support for this feature in the future. I'm excited to see it too! :)

• jjtufano
    jjtufano
    Community Member
    Options

Hi. Noting this conversation from September. I've spent a couple of weeks researching 1Pass and downloaded the app to my iPhone today, buying the pro upgrade, specifically because the App Store indicates I can add images with the pro upgrade. Can't figure out how, and after finding this thread hoping I just can't figure it out rather than it not being available after purchasing. Fingers crossed. Can it be done?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jjtufano,

The Pro Features allow you to view attachments in 1Password 5 for iOS. It's not currently possible to add attachments to items in the iOS version. You can add attachments to items in the Mac or Windows version of 1Password and then sync the attachments to iOS. I'm sorry for any confusion about that!

Our developers hope to add the ability to add attachments to the iOS version at some point, but I don't know when. It's certainly a popular request!

• jjtufano
    jjtufano
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Drew. It seems like I'll have to buy a Mac license to do this then. Does that mean that I wasted the money purchasing the Pro version on my iPhone thinking that would work? Is there any acknowledgment of that purchase when buying the additional Mac license?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jjtufano,

1Password is sold separately for different platforms. If you'd like to use 1Password 5 for Mac, that's a completely separate purchase from the Pro Features in 1Password 5 for iOS. Your purchase of the Pro Features wasn't wasted, because as I mentioned, that allows you to view attachments synced from the Mac version.

1Password 5 for Mac is available from the Mac App Store, or from our web store. (Please note that iCloud sync is only available in the Mac App Store version.)

For more information about the Pro Features in 1Password 5 for iOS, please see our Pro Features FAQ.

If you have more questions about that, please let us know! :)

• jjtufano
    jjtufano
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Drew. So far a fan, so not complaining. Just letting you know that, from a customer's perspective, if an item for purchase is described as allowing you to view attachments there's no reasonable way a customer would infer that you could only view attachments that you upload from a different license that you need to purchase for a significantly greater price. It's a little confusing, if not tricky.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jjtufano‌

I see your point of view and I shall pass this on.

This discussion has been closed.