1Password Extensions No Longer work since Mavericks upgrade

Options
goalpdl
goalpdl
Community Member

The error message is: (null) no vault

There is no vault, please open 1Password.

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    Options

I'd say remove all the 1Password extensions from your browser(s) and install fresh copies. There's a Install Browser Extensions... option in the File drop down menu of 1Password. That would be the first thing I'd try anyway.

• Starflyer
    Starflyer
    Community Member
    Options

I think I had the same problem that developed about a week ago. I DON'T remember updating Safari, but my 1Password program no longer entered data automatically. PITA. I was back to doing it the old fashion way (copy and paste). I sent a note to agile bits about the problem and so far haven't gotten a reply even though I'm using the PAID edition. This morning I stubbled on to this board, saw something about Safari needing an extension for 1Password to work correctly. I then googled the problem which led me to the following site...

https://agilebits.com/onepassword/extensions

I downloaded it and now 1Password is working correctly again! I assume other browsers may need a similar extension, but all I use is Safari. I'm now also using 1Password in my iPhone with iOS8 and it works fine there. With the paid edition (single user), I synced my data from my computer to my iPhone.

• littlebobbytables
    Options

@Starflyer‌ OS X 10.9.5 was released recently and included a new version of Safari. I don't know why but they disabled all extensions and then asked what ones you wanted to re-enable. That wasn't what I was thinking of though when posting, when I read upgrade I assumed goalpdl‌ just moved to Mavericks rather than applied the update. In your case I'd have hoped simply re-enabling the existing extension would have worked.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @goalpdl,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble.

The error message "(null) no vault" is a very specific one. It indicates that 1Password mini cannot find the data it is looking for.

Might you perhaps have two versions of 1Password installed? One from the Mac App Store and a copy you downloaded from our website? Or did you perhaps use the trial downloaded from our website and later purchase from the Mac App Store?

1. Try opening 1Password's preferences and UNCHECK "Always keep 1Password mini running" on the General pane.

2. Then quit 1Password using the Control-Command-Q shortcut which quits not only the main 1Password app but 1Password mini as well.

3. Verify that you have only one copy of 1Password.app on your system. The most obvious place to look would be the Applications folder, but also check your Downloads folder and elsewhere. We want to be sure there is only one copy. :)

If you see two copies, stop here and post a screenshot of what you see when you choose File > Get Info from the menu bar for each one. Here is what I'm looking for as an example.

If you only have one copy of 1Password.app try launching it and let me know if you still have the trouble.

• goalpdl
    goalpdl
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, I did have 2 copies. I originally purchased from you guys directly and then purchased a license from the App Store as you guessed. I deleted one of copies and it is now working.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Great news! Thanks for letting me know that everything is working well (and thanks for your support of 1Password). :)

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!

This discussion has been closed.