Getting started with multiple devices

Options
BogeyBill45
BogeyBill45
Community Member

I currently use mSecure and sync between my Mac, my iPhone and my wife's iPad. Since downloading IOS 8.0 onto my iPhone, I have been unable to access my files on the iPhone. Needless to say, that is a real pain that I do not intend to endure much longer! I am very interested in becoming a 1Password customer but have a couple of questions pertaining to sharing licenses between devices. My iPhone and Mac currently use the same Apple ID. My wife has her own Apple ID on her iPad. How many 1Password licenses will I need to purchase? Would it make sense to put all three devices on the same Apple ID? Thanks!

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @BogeyBill45‌

Thanks so much for considering 1Password to keep your digital data secure and organized! I'd be happy to answer your questions here.

How many 1Password licenses will I need to purchase?

• Mac: For you to use 1Password on your Mac, you'll want to look at a single-user Mac license, which is available both from our website and the Mac App Store (unless your wife also wants to use 1Password on a Mac of her own as well, in which case you may want to look into the family licensing available directly from our website).
    • iOS: Your purchases on iOS are tied to your AppleID. If you and your wife both want to take advantage of the Pro features of 1Password 5 for iOS, you will either need to use the same AppleID, or purchase the Pro features separately for each of your individual AppleIDs.

Please note that 1Password 5 for iOS is currently a free download in the iOS App Store. You can try it out with all the basic features, including sync before determining if you need fancier things like additional categories and multiple vaults. :) 1Password 4 for Mac is also available as a free 30-day trial download from our downloads page.

I hope this helps, but we're here for you if you have any further questions!

This discussion has been closed.