iOS app 5.0.1 appears to sync via iCloud, when apparently it can't?

Options
nev
nev
Community Member

I just read your post here about the current inability to sync via iCloud between 1Password for iOS version 5.0.1 and OS X running Mavericks - we have to wait for Yosemite for this, right?

https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-ios-kb/4/en/topic/cloudkit-faq

What puzzles me is that the 1Password for iOS version 5.0.1 on my iPhone appears to be syncing via iCloud to my Mavericks Macs.

If, on the iPhone app, I go to Settings > Sync (Sync Service - iCloud selected) I see "Last Sync 3 minutes ago" (or whatever). The number of items is not in agreement with the number of items on my OS X 1Password, presumably because of the current incompatibility.

So I should just ignore this sync status on my iPhone for the time being?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @nev,

Have you upgraded your iOS devices to iCloud Drive? If so, the iOS device might be syncing correctly to the new iCloud while your Mac diligently syncs to the 'old' iCloud.

To ensure your devices stay synced up between now and whenever Yosemite is released, you may want to consider Wi-Fi or Dropbox. Or, if you wish to remain with iCloud, just ignore the sync status for now and ensure that you either:

• manually update entries on all devices to ensure your data stays the same
    • or only make edits on your primary device - once Yosemite is released, we can reset sync and ensure that the data on the primary device is synced to all secondary devices.

I hope this helps!

• nev
    nev
    Community Member
    Options

Hi - sorry for late reply. No, I haven't upgraded to iCloud Drive. I'm content to forego syncing until Yosemite, but I'm still puzzled by the apparent syncing that's going on in the iPhone app. Are you saying it shouldn't appear to sync? Because it does appear to sync..

• Ben
    Options

@nev‌

It should probably throw a warning vs appearing to sync.

Thanks for the feedback.

This discussion has been closed.