iCloud Sync works but some records are missing / not syncing

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User]
Community Member
edited September 2014 in iOS

iCloud Sync seems to work basically (or at least it worked up to some point in the recent past), but I just noticed that it is syncing only 655 records out of the 665 on my Mac.

I tried this: 1) Deleted 1PW on iDevice, 2) Disabled iCloud sync on Mac, 3) Restarted 1PW and 1PW Mini on Mac, 4) Reenabled iCloud sync on Mac, 5) Reinstalled 1PW on iOS and reenabled iCloud Sync, --> It did grab the data from iCloud, but, again, just the 655 records (instead of 665).

I’m on iOS 8.0 and Mac OS X 10.10 (14A361c) and both are set to use iCloud Drive. So there shouldn’t be a problem on this. 1PW Mac is 4.4.1 (441006) from the MAS, on iOS it’s 5.0.1

What is going on? Are the missing records damaged (not syncable) or is it just a Yosemite/iOS8 thingy?

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    edited September 2014
    Options

Please take a look at the iCloud in 1Password 5 FAQ (also mentioned in the sticky at the top of this forum). The FAQ includes the following:

In 1Password 5, iCloud sync requires iOS 8 and OS X 10.10 (Yosemite). Because Yosemite has not yet been released, it is currently not possible to sync iOS 8 devices with Macs using iCloud.

If you absolutely need to sync with a Mac over iCloud, we recommend waiting for Yosemite to come out before upgrading to iOS 8 and 1Password 5.

To make it quite clear, the sync does not work with beta versions of 1P5.

Stephen

• amityweb
    amityweb
    Community Member
    Options

I think it needs to make that clear in the apps themselves, I have been iCloud "syncing" for several weeks now and only just spotted lots of new records missing across devices.

• Thanks for the feedback, @amityweb‌

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    edited September 2014
    Options

Thanks, @Stephen_C, for pointing me to the FAQ. Of course I have read it, in particular

In 1Password 5, iCloud sync requires iOS 8 and OS X 10.10 (Yosemite). Because Yosemite has not yet been released, it is currently not possible to sync iOS 8 devices with Macs using iCloud.

As stated in my post, I do have Yosemite (10.10) on the Mac; so that shoudn’t apply. In fact, the FAQ was one of the inducements that made me install 10.10 on that machine, for compatibility with 1PW on iOS8.

I doubtlessly read it as ‘If you update on your iPhone to 1PW5 and iOS8 and wish to continue to sync via iCloud you have to update your Mac to 10.10 too, either now or when it is finally released.’

In the context of what is happening it’s starting to shine through that with “requires OS X 10.10” you actually mean ‘requires the final realease version of OS X 10.10’ (the thing after the GM). Is this a correct interpretation?

• @mot‌

Correct. This part is what is key:

it is currently not possible to sync iOS 8 devices with Macs using iCloud.

Thanks.

Ben

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, @bwoodruff.

So if the statement in the FAQ is clearly false it should be modified, e.g. by replacing “OS X 10.10 (Yosemite)” with “the final release of OS X 10.10”. Or rightaway delete the incorrect parts in the quoted block so that it just reads “It is currently not possible to sync iOS 8 devices with Macs using iCloud.”

Well, that’s not catastrophic for me, I was just heavily misleaded ;) BTW I support @amityweb’s suggestion, if 1PW is actually only syncing parts of the records it should be labeled accordingly (as far as 1PW is aware of).

Thanks for the clarifications.

• Thanks for the feedback, @mot!

This discussion has been closed.