1Password opens without password

Options
Dietrich
Dietrich
Community Member

I am a new user and still finding my feet or trying to. In my desktop running Mavericks I have a folder in the Dock that shows the 7 most recently opened apps. When I open 1Password from within that folder it is already open, no login needed. However, I've overcome that bit of a problem by using the keyboard shortcut to lock 1Password. Seems to work!

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

It may be helpful to check what settings you have in 1P > Preferences > Security (then look under Auto-lock). A little tinkering with those might resolve your problem.

Stephen

• Dietrich
    Dietrich
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, shall attend to it.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Please let us know if you're able to get the described 1Password (un)locking behavior after tinkering with the Auto-save settings like @Stephen_C suggested.

• Dietrich
    Dietrich
    Community Member
    Options

It did indeed fix it. Thank you for the suggestion,
    Best Regards
    Dietrich

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2014
    Options

On behalf of @sjk and @Stephen_C‌, you are quite welcome! :)

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!

• rebetsky
    rebetsky
    Community Member
    Options

Hi there, I am having the same problem with 1Password 5 running in Yosemite (though the problem happened in Mavericks, too). I will open 1PW after not using it for a day or two and everything opens without a password. It gives me a heart attack every time. All of the "lock" boxes are checked (on sleep, etc.). Please tell me how to fix this! Feeling very vulnerable. Thanks, Roger.

• rebetsky
    rebetsky
    Community Member
    Options

With 1Password 5 running in Yosemite (though the problem happened in Mavericks, too) — I will open 1PW after not using it for a day or two and everything opens without a password. It gives me a heart attack every time. In preferences, all of the "lock" boxes are checked (on sleep, etc.). Please tell me how to fix this! Feeling very vulnerable. Thanks, Roger.

• Dietrich
    Dietrich
    Community Member
    Options

Try 1Password Preferences/Security and try the auto settings. It fixed my problem. Hopefully it will help,
    Cheers Dietrich

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2014
    Options

Hi Roger ( @rebetsky ),

I can imagine it's a jolting surprise to discover 1Password is unlocked when you're expecting it will be locked. Please give this a try:

• Temporarily disable all Auto-lock options under Preferences > Security
    • Restart your Mac
    • Reenable Auto-lock options to your liking

Let us know if 1Password locking is better behaved after that. Thanks!

PS - I merged your separate topic with this one where you'd also posted about this issue. Works best for everyone only posting in one spot per issue. :)

• Ben
    Options

Hey Dietrich

Thanks for assisting here!

• Dietrich
    Dietrich
    Community Member
    Options

Oops, did I put my foot somewhere where it was not meant to be?

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

All's fine with where you've put your foot, @Dietrich. :)

Merging @rebetsky's topic (where I'd replied) with yours after noticing yours (where you'd already replied to him) confused the flow a bit. Sorry about that!

This discussion has been closed.