Error while trying to sync to Dropbox

Options
reck
reck
Community Member

I have 1Password setup on a PC and an iPhone which are syncing via a Dropbox account successfully. I have two vaults in this account.

I'm now trying to set this up on another iPhone and an iPad and i'm getting the same error message on both when trying to open the vault via dropbox.

"The operation couldn't be completed. (dropbox.com error 404.) 1Password encountered a problem."

I've been able to sync one of the vaults on the iPad but my main vault just gives me the error above.

Is there any fix for this? Thanks

Comments

• Hi @reck‌

The 404 error from Dropbox indicates a problem communicating with their servers. Can you please verify that both devices can talk to Dropbox through the Dropbox app and through Safari?

Thanks!

• reck
    reck
    Community Member
    Options

Hello. I'm able to open the Dropbox app OK on these devices and browse my files. Also one vault syncs ok from Dropbox but not my main vault with all my logins in. So the devices do appear to be talking to Dropbox ok in general.

• reck
    reck
    Community Member
    Options

I've removed the 1Password app and reinstalled on both the iPhone and iPad but i'm still getting the same error. I borrowed another phone and tried it on that and i'm getting the same 404 error on that as well. So out of 4 different iOS devices it's only working on 1.

I've been able to sync a secondary vault (tested on one device only) but my primary one just gives me this error.

How do I go about getting this resolved?

Thanks

• sigh
    sigh
    Community Member
    edited September 2014
    Options

Same problem here - the vault is not syncing and when I go to enable syncing on Dropbox I get a blank screen and a "no Internet access" message after a while. I am on iOS 8.0.2 on a 5S, 1Password 5 (pro) and have updated the Dropbox client. Strangely the same problem is not affecting my iPad mini.

I've deleted and re-installed the app, but all that means is that I lost everything I had stored in the app! (temporarily worked around by a WiFi sync). Still no joy with the Dropbox sync.

• Hi there.

If you are still having this issue please send us a diagnostic report.

Please create a Diagnostics Report from your iOS device:
    https://guides.agilebits.com/kb/1password4/en/topic/diagnostics-report#ios4

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• reck
    reck
    Community Member
    Options

OK diag report just sent. Thanks for your support.

Will you respond on this forum thread of via email?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @reck,

We've received your Diagnostics Report - thanks for sending it in! I've updated the email thread with the necessary details from this forum discussion so that it is easier for our support team to get up to speed with the issue. Someone from the support team will get back to you as soon as possible with some further information. We'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid complicating things between here and there. :)

ref: PFZ-79491-833

• reck
    reck
    Community Member
    Options

Just replied to the support email. Both iOS devices that weren't working and have now started working without any intervention on my part. I'll see how it goes over the next few days, hopefully that will be the last I see of the 404 error.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @reck,

Thanks for the update! I'm so glad that 404 resolved itself, and I do hope that you never see it again. If you do, or if you hit any further snags, we're here to help. :)

This discussion has been closed.