Cannot Migrate my data from Dashlane to 1Password

Options
LesF
LesF
Community Member
edited September 2014 in Mac

Hi Guys,

I am trying to migrate my data from Dashlane to 1Password. Should be easy.

1) Exported Dashlane data to csv file on my Desktop 2) Went to 1Password import 3) The csv file on my desktop does not show as an option to import

@Megan: You mention adding the column titles and specifying a column field order. When adding the titles, does one need to use the " quotes?

I also replied here: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/27926/cant-import-dash-lane-into-1password --- But got no answer

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Hi LesF,

See if my post and the following posts help:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/139608/#Comment_139608

I considered writing a converter, but because of the noted problems, I didn't pursue this, but perhaps the follow-up posts will help you.

• LesF
    LesF
    Community Member
    Options

@MrC Yup. That worked. Had me standing on my hands by the time I was done though. ;-)

• MikeT
    edited September 2014
    Options

Hi @LesF,

That's great, thanks for letting us know it worked for you. MrC is awesome!

• miguelalas
    miguelalas
    Community Member
    Options

Hi! I just downloaded 1password 5 and synced with dropbox, I also been using Dashlane for several months, now I want to return to 1 password and import all logins I've created within dashlane.

I tryed what MrC posted but from 1Password 5 seems to ignore the csv file.

All this under Yosemite. Excel to csv. Columns are set as you said. I even erased 1 Password 5 and installed 1 Password 4.2.2 and it also ignores the csv.

Simply it does not happen anything.

Any suggestion?

Thanks in advanced!

• Rad
    Rad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @miguelalas‌,

In his instructions @MrC‌ mentions using Numbers and I noticed that you are using Excel. Is it possible that your CSV wasn't properly exported from Excel?

Thank you!

Rad

• miguelalas
    miguelalas
    Community Member
    Options

Yes Rad, I just downloaded Numbers and worked! Thanks for the tip to @MrC and you Rad.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @miguelalas‌

Thanks so much for letting us know that Numbers helped to get you all sorted out! I hope 1Password works perfectly for you from now on, but we're here if you have any further questions or concerns. :)

This discussion has been closed.