editing and saving secure notes, doesn't save

Options
Graig Smith
Graig Smith
Community Member

Anyone else have this issue? If I try to edit a secure note. And then save the changes i made. it does NOT save the changes.

is anyone else with an iPhone 6 having issues saving edits to a secure note?

i can create a new secure note just fine. i can edit it. but then the save button doesn't work, it's like it cancels the edit instead. i think this is a bug.

Comments

• ekevin
    ekevin
    Community Member
    Options

Graig. I'm having the same problem after upgrading my iPhone 5s to iOS8. Editing/saving secure notes on my Mac works fine and syncs OK with Dropbox. I can see the updated edits on my iPhone. I can "Edit" the note on my iPhone, but when I hit "Save", the edits revert back to the original file, losing any edits I made on the iPhone Has to be a bug. -Kevin

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

This is a known issue at present. There is a suggested workaround in this post (which although it refers to secure notes has been reported to work more generally for other items as well).

Stephen

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

I can confirm that the work around has helped me when editing my passport records. I recall, but perhaps inaccurately, that this was confined to secure notes in version 5.0, but then crept out to all records when 5.01 replaced it.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Graig Smith and @kevin,

I apologize for the trouble here - our developers are working to get this fixed as soon as possible! I hope the workaround posted in the other thread helps in the meantime. :)

• mikegk
    mikegk
    Community Member
    Options

I can confirm the same issue with iOS 8.0.2 on iPad and iPhone. Editing a note does not save edits.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mikegk,

I'm sorry that you're running into this issue. Have you tried the workaround suggested earlier?

If you tap the NOTE name before pressing the SAVE button (putting the cursor on the note name), that allows the changes to the NOTE to be saved.

I know it's not perfect, but it should help you save the edits that you need to while our developers work on a proper solution to this bug!

This discussion has been closed.