Changed Master Password on Desktop and Hasn't Synced

Options
mreade
mreade
Community Member

I changed my mater password on my desktop (mac) and it hasn't synced to my iphone. My iphone still requests the old master password and the data isn't syncing.

Thanks!
M

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mreade,

I'm sorry you're having trouble with syncing your Master Password change and other data.

We'd like to get a few details about your 1Password ecosystem:

• What are the version numbers of 1Password and operating system for your Mac and iPhone?
    • Which type of syncing are you using?
    • Does your 1Password on your Mac currently have all your most up-to-date 1Password data?

Thanks in advance for that information so we can help you get this sorted out quicker! :)

• mreade
    mreade
    Community Member
    Options

Mac version = 4.4.1
    Iphone 6 version = 5.0.1

I tried both iCloud and WIFI syncing.

The most up-to-date is the mac/desktop. Iphone doesn't have new password or data.

Thanks!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

It sounds like perhaps syncing hasn't been set up yet, so the Master Password won't sync either.

iCloud sync will not work between 1Password 5 and 1Password 4. iCloud sync in 1Password 5 requires 1Password 5 on both Mac and iOS. 1Password 5 for Mac requires Yosemite, which Apple hasn't released yet, so we're stuck in this limbo until Yosemite is released.

Wi-Fi Sync should be working well, though, as well as Dropbox sync. For complete details, please be sure to read our iCloud in 1Password 5 FAQ which also includes links with instructions for setting up Dropbox and Wi-Fi Sync.

If you have no data in 1Password for iOS, and all of your data is on the Mac the simplest thing to do might be to delete 1Password from your iOS device and reinstall it. Then sync the data via Dropbox or Wi-Fi from your Mac.

We're happy to provide more detail if necessary. Just let us know. :)

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.