Re-using credentials for another URL

Options
eblot
eblot
Community Member

What is the best way to use stored credentials for another web page ?
In many cases, saved credentials are useful for a URL that is not the one that has been registered with the credentials. If an existing bookmark is selected and the URL does not match, 1Password forces the browser to open a new page with the stored URL. Is there some key modifier - or any other solution - to tell 1Password to fill the current form, NOT to open a new tab/window.
I'm looking for a solution where the current behaviour is kept and an option tweaks it to preserve the current page - not a way to remove the "open a new tab" feature.

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    Options

You can add multiple URLS to an entry by adding more website fields. That way you can use those credentials over multiple websites and if you change the password you only have to change one login item :)

• While you can certainly do what @littlebobbytables‌ suggests, I would only do that for multiple addresses for the same website account.

I would not put many different website account's addresses in one credential, as that is just an encouragement of password reuse, which is bad news.

Make sure each account you have on the internet has a unique password to help protect you down the road.

This discussion has been closed.