1Password OS 4.4.1 lost half of my login web addresses after iOS 8 upgrade

fritch53
fritch53
Community Member

After I upgraded my iPhone and iPad mini to iOS 8 (and followed the steps outlined by 1Password to stop iCloud syncing and initiate Dropbox syncing between my computer/devices), I noticed that I lost half (~65) of the web addresses listed on my logins ONLY in the OS version. They were still listed in my iOS 1Password primary vault, but missing on the OS 1Password version. Everything is syncing fine. I then manually updated the addresses on the OS vault and everything is fine now. Just wanted to let you guys know it happened. Kinda weird some data was missing on the version I didn't touch!

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @fritch53‌

Thanks so much for letting us know about your upgrade experience. I'm so sorry to hear that it was a bit bumpy! If you do notice anything odd again, please let us know immediately, and we'll investigate further.

• fritch53
    fritch53
    Community Member

Thank you so much, Megan! Love the app for my iOS and OS! The extension feature is AWESOME on iOS. (I know you will continue to tweak to make it better. I just figured out the iOS 1Password app has to have been unlocked before the 1P extension works in Safari on iPhone/iPad (otherwise I get the blank 1Password screen, a bit of a pain, but baby steps!). You guys are so on top of it; by far the best CS I've seen on any app! Appreciate the great support. Can't wait for other apps (banking, utilities, service industry, etc.) to get on board with using your extension at their logins. best, Laurie

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi Laurie ( @fritch53 ),

On behalf of @Megan, you're most welcome.

Thank you so much for your kind words of appreciation; they truly mean a lot to us! :x

If there are other issues we can help you with or any questions we can answer please don't hesitate to ask. Have a great day!

• jashman
    jashman
    Community Member

Hi. I'm a new user of 1Password (just migrated from Dashlane which was a bit painful) and this was the only thread I could find about this, but I lost website addresses for my logins after switching from iCloud to DropBox synching. But unlike the original poster, I lost all my website addresses (100+) and it was across OS X, iOS and Windows. I just kept thinking that each website I went to wasn't compatible with 1Password when it had been for Dashlane, until I realized that nothing was working.

Website addresses had been in place after I was finally able to get the CSV from Dashlane to import and was using iCloud for synching between iOS and OS X. But it was when I needed to add my work PC and set up DropBox synching that I believe all the addresses disappeared.

Is there something that I might have done wrong that would have led to losing all the website addresses? Or is there a known issue with DropBox synching that I should be aware of?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jashman‌

I do apologise that you've had this happen. We've been working on synchronisation recently and I believe this may be one of the areas we've been improving on.

Of course this doesn't do you any good at the moment. Can I ask, since you've moved to using Dropbox have you made many changes or additions to your vault? If you haven't then maybe we can try seeing if a backup would restore all of your website URLs.

The downside is we would need to disable sync on your devices and we'd have to wipe the iOS device too. Given that it would be important to know that there aren't any items only on either your iOS device or your windows machine. I suspect though you might consider it worth it if it means not having to enter 100+ URLs.

Before we proceed it would be probably best to find out what versions of 1Password you're running on each device, how long ago you switched to Dropbox and how many additions or changes you suspect may have happened since then.

• jashman
    jashman
    Community Member
    edited June 2015

Whoops -- I thought I had responded months ago but I must not have posted. Sorry. Just to close this out, I ended up manually adding all the web addresses through cut, paste, and brute force. After that initial hiccup, though, everything has been working perfectly. I use 1Password on iOS, OS X, and Windows and I haven't had any problems. Syncing via Dropbox has been great after the improvements and I wanted to make sure that was noted in case anyone came upon this thread via search (like I just did now looking for something else).

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jashman,

No need to apologize! Thanks for following up to let us know how it all worked out for you. I'm sorry to hear you had to go through the trouble of manually copying over all the URLs for your Logins, but I'm very happy that it's all been working perfectly for you since then. :)

Hopefully it all continues to work flawlessly for you, but if you ever do have questions or need anything else, just let us know!

This discussion has been closed.