Merge the Vaults Anyway

Options
ajahn
ajahn
Community Member

I guess I haven't synced my iphone version of 1password with dropbox in a while. Today I tried to sync and got some screens that I have never seen before. I am attaching them. At the end of it all, it asked if I wanted to merge or not. Should I continue? I want my phone to use what is in dropbox, but I'm not sure is continuing will step on my dropbox data. Please advise.

Thanks.

Comments

• Hi @ajahn,

In this case, you can simply tap the Merge These Vaults Anyway option. This will merge the local vault with the (very similar) data in Dropbox.

This warning exists to prevent two completely different vaults from being accidentally merged (for example, a personal vault with a shared work vault).

Please let us know if you have any other questions. We're always happy to help!

• ajahn
    ajahn
    Community Member
    Options

It's asking me for a vault password. Never did that before?

• ajahn
    ajahn
    Community Member
    Options

I tried using my 1Password password and it seems to be doing something...

• ajahn
    ajahn
    Community Member
    Options

I got an error: "Failed to upload file to Dropbox."
    This concerns me. I was thinking I would be "downloading" files "from" Dropbox to my phone, not the other way...
    My phone is out of date, the data in Dropbox is my master data.

Please advise. I don't want to step on my Dropbox data!

• ajahn
    ajahn
    Community Member
    Options

Originally it showed 494 items in "your vault", and 522 items in "Dropbox Vault".
    Not in 1Password, it is showing 471 items on my phone. WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?
    Please tell me that following you instructions didn't clobber my Dropbox data...

• Ben
    Options

Hi @ajahn‌

If Dropbox has the latest data you can simply delete the app from your phone (erasing the data there), reinstall it, and set up Dropbox syncing to download the data there.

• ajahn
    ajahn
    Community Member
    Options

Delete the 1Password app?

• ajahn
    ajahn
    Community Member
    Options

I deleted 1Password. Re-installed and it seems to be finding my data. Thanks.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ajahn,

I sincerely apologize for the trouble here, but I'm so glad to hear that reinstalling the app got your data back where it belongs!

I hope 1Password behaves properly for you from now on, but if you have any further questions or concerns ... you know where to find us. ;)

This discussion has been closed.