1Password not finding updated password

potetm
potetm
Community Member

I recently updated a few of my passwords using 1Password for Mac. I use Dropbox to sync my passwords with my Android. My Android appears to be syncing properly, however none of my updated passwords appear when I go to the appropriate login screens. It does have my old passwords. I even tried reinstalling 1Password for Android completely, to no avail. Only the old passwords show up.

Comments

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

My first thought would be that the Mac and Android are syncing correctly, but syncing to different locations in dropbox.

Have a look through your Dropbox and see if you can spot two agilekeychain folders.

• potetm
    potetm
    Community Member

There is only one 1Password/1Password.agilekeychain directory in my dropbox. In addition, there is only one path in the data directory: 1Password/1Password.agilekeychain/data/default.

All of my other passwords appear correctly.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

Is there a .agilekeychain folder in the root folder of Dropbox too?

• Hey @potetm. I'd like to ask you to try to log into 1PasswordAnywhere and see if the logins look okay there. To do so, log into https://www.dropbox.com in a web browser and open the 1Password.html file in the 1Password.agilekeychain you're syncing to in Dropbox.

• potetm
    potetm
    Community Member

Hey @saad. I went into 1PasswordAnywhere, and 2 of my 3 changed passwords were correct, but the third had somehow been reverted. (The "previously used passwords" showed that the password had been changed, then changed back to my original password. I'm assuming this happened while I was messing with my phone yesterday evening.)

However, after I opened 1PasswordAnywhere, I re-opened 1Password for Android, and it finally starting syncing those passwords from last night. (I could see in the notifications that it was syncing 8 items.) I fixed my password that had been reverted on my Mac, and then it was correctly synced to my Android. So I guess this is a fixed issue for me at this time.

Is there anything in the 1PasswordAnywhere application that would cause changes to be picked up in Dropbox? It may just be coincidence, but it was really odd that those passwords started syncing only after I opened that app.

• That is strange! There is nothing I am aware of in 1PasswordAnywhere that could trigger this fix, but it is possible to be something from Dropbox's end. It's great to hear your devices are syncing properly now. Let me know if you have any other questions.

• scratchymonkey
    scratchymonkey
    Community Member
    edited November 2014

@saad‌ I am having similar problems. I was a 1password 3 user, upgraded to 1password 4 (version 3 is still on my computer). I use it on my mac (OS X 10.9.5) and I just moved from Samsung Galaxy 4 to Note 4 last week. When I installed it on the Note 4 I connected it to my dropbox and it downloaded the files.

I noticed it had old credit cards in it when I tried to purchase something online - I also noticed it on the Galaxy recently but I thought it was bc my Galaxy had no storage left on it so it couldn't update my files. Back to the Note 4: I tried first deleting the app data and reconnecting dropbox. Same result. Next I uninstalled and reinstalled, then connected to dropbox. Same result. Just now, I followed your instructions above about looking at 1passwordanywhere file. There are discrepancies.

• 1passwordanywhere and the Note 4 have essentially the same information (the old files, with anywhere having 1 extra CC file than Note 4)
    • 1password 4 on my mac has about 35 additional files (mainly logins)

What can I do to correct this? The info on my computer version of 1password4 is correct. It appears Note 4 and computer are syncing to same location, which is strange: Dropbox > 1Password.agilekeychain

If I were to venture out on my own, I'd do this:
    1. disable sync from computer and clear app data & dropbox connection on phone
    2. delete 1password dropbox files/folder
    3. re-start sync from computer so it uploads correct data
    4. connect phone to dropbox sync

Let me know if that's the way to go or if you recommend something else.

• Hey @scratchymonkey‌. I'm sorry to hear about the problems you're experiencing with sync, and we appreciate you taking the time to verify your information on 1PasswordAnywhere. It sounds like sync from your Mac could be broken, so I think the best solution in this case would be what you suggested doing- recreate the 1Password data folder (agilekeychain) in your Dropbox account. This will also resolve any corrupted files and eliminate the possibility of having legacy field names and values that are not compatible with newer versions of 1Password. Here is what I would like you to do exactly:

Backup Data on Mac

1. Open 1Password on your Mac and unlock your vault
    2. Select File > Backup in the menu bar
    3. Choose 'Backup Now'

Disable sync and recreate the data folder

1. Within 1Password's preferences, select the Sync tab
    2. Select Change Syncing
    3. Check 'Delete data from Dropbox' and click 'Disable Sync'. This will delete your 1Password data folder from your sync folder.

4. Select Dropbox Sync from the sync preferences

5. Choose the location you want 1Password to create its data folder. Wait for Dropbox to sync over the changes.

Reconfigure sync in 1Password for Android

The instructions below will delete all of your 1Password data from your Note 4. Please make sure to store any new changes you added on Android that have not synced over:

1. Go into your device Settings > Apps > 1Password and tap "Clear data"
    2. Launch 1Password on your Android device and continue through the initial set up screen

Let me know if you are now seeing the same items on your devices.

• scratchymonkey
    scratchymonkey
    Community Member
    edited November 2014

@saad - this resolved the issue. Many thanks for your help.

• saad
    edited December 2014

You're very welcome! Happy to hear that resolved the issue. :)

This discussion has been closed.