Sync with Dropbox - Dropbox (using Two-step verification) on 1Password 5 / IOS 8

Options
JerryJohn
JerryJohn
Community Member
edited October 2014 in iOS

Hi,

I'm trying to setup Dropbox Sync on IOS 8 but did not succeed. I'm using Two-step verification with Dropbox using the Google Authenticator

The problem:

In 1Password | Settings | Setup Sync with Dropbox, I type Email and paste the (very complicated of course) password from 1Password.
In 1Password then DropBox asks for the Authenticator code.
Press Home Button.
Switch to the Authenticator App, get the code en copy it to the clipboard.
Press Home Button.
Switch back to 1Password.
BUT
Instead of getting back to the DropBox screen asking for the code, 1Password shows me the Email/Password screen all over again.

There is no way I can type an email address and a complex password and a 6 digit code in 30 seconds (that's how long the codes are valid).

Is there a solution to this?

Rgrds,

JerryJohn

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Okay, this is a real shot in the dark but I'm guessing you're willing to give any reasonable suggestion a go at the moment.

If you're being asked to supply an email address and password, it sounds like you don't have the Dropbox app installed. If you did, 1Password would launch it and you would authorise 1Password to have access to your Dropbox (see AgileBits' guide).

So what I'm wondering is, if you were to install this free app, could it be that verifying yourself with the Dropbox app may be easier than what you're struggling to do now. I'm not really a Dropbox user myself so I don't know, I just figure it might be worth trying.

• Ben
    Options

I would concur with @littlebobbytables‌' suggestion of installing the free Dropbox app. :) Then it will do the authentication with the Dropbox service for you.

• JerryJohn
    JerryJohn
    Community Member
    Options

littlebobbytables's assumption was right, the Dropbox app was not installed.

Installing the app did solve the problem.

Thanks,

• Ben
    Options

Perfect. Thanks for the update @JerryJohn‌

This discussion has been closed.