Options
2»

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @hamav8tor‌

I do apologize for the trouble that you've been having here. I'm glad to hear that things are working for you after reinstalling. The crash reports are very useful for our developers in tracking down where things are tangled up. You won't hear a response from these reports (as they are anonymized) but that doesn't mean we're not looking at them.

If you do notice anything else wonky with Dropbox, please let us know and we'll investigate further.

• Larry Daniele
    Larry Daniele
    Community Member
    Options

I was experiencing this same issue on an iPhone 6 Plus running iOS 8.1 and 1Password 5.1.1 using Dropbox for syncing. I resolved the issue by following the same steps as steuben in post #29 (using 1Password -> Settings -> Advanced > "Erase Data and Settings.")

This seems to be the lowest impact work-around (as opposed to deleting and reinstalling apps). But you still have to go through and manually restore any settings you had set up (e.g. TouchID). But this goes pretty quickly.

After that, I was able to update an entry on my Mac, sync on my iPhone 6 Plus and see the update on the iPhone.

• Thanks for the report, Larry. We have a fix coming for these problems in 1Password 5.1.2 for iOS, which has been submitted to the App Store. Sorry for the trouble!

• Klaus Stockamp
    Klaus Stockamp
    Community Member
    edited December 2014
    Options

I've the issue, too. On both, iPhone and iPad. After several days/weeks Dropbox sync stops working. 1P shows last sync '1 week' or so (or 4 weeks). I've to deactivate and then re-activate Dropbox again. Then it works very well - for some days or weeks.

1P 5.1.2
    iOS 8.1.1

Any hints?

• Ben
    Options

Hi Klaus,

Are you experiencing the issue currently, or is it syncing properly right now?

• abernathy
    abernathy
    Community Member
    Options

This is kind of a nightmare for me. I just noticed that my iPhone hasn't synced with Dropbox for 3 weeks. If I disable/enable Dropbox is says "locally cached" data will be removed? So I'll lose everything I've added to 1Password on my iPhone in the last 3 weeks? Why isn't there a warning that syncing isn't happening? (I have the same complaint about other apps that don't warn you that syncing isn't happening). This is another in a string of situations where I've lost critical info with 1Password. I used to love this app family, and maybe the problem is this buggy iOS 8, but I just can't trust this anymore.

• abernathy
    abernathy
    Community Member
    Options

OK, good news is I went ahead and toggled Dropbox sync and merged data (despite Vault Mismatch warning). I have a bunch of conflict data but at least it is all there (I'm just not sure which data is the most current unfortunately). I guess I just need to check the sync status often (daily?) to make sure it is working. Not very convenient.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @abernathy,

I'm sorry you were having that problem with Dropbox sync! As you already discovered, disabling and re-enabling the sync won't actually remove any data. Sorry for the confusion about that message!

I don't know why Dropbox sync stopped working, but now that it's working again, it should continue to do so correctly. However, if you do notice a problem again, please let us know! Our developers are trying to improve the sync, so in the future it will hopefully be more obvious if something goes wrong.

Thanks for letting us know how it all worked out for you! :)

• RandK
    RandK
    Community Member
    Options

For a while now, I've been having the "vault mismatch while syncing with Dropbox" issue, and finally just today decided to search for a solution. I can confirm that uninstalling and reinstalling the iOS app corrected my issue.

Thanks for the recommendations.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update!

• EdwinK
    EdwinK
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,
    I have recently created a second vault on my MAC 1PW. Now I realized synching the other vault to my iPhone 1PW via WLAN does´t work. Is Dropbox really the only way to synch secondary vaults. I´m not having a Dropbox account and also don´t like to use a cloud service to put such sensitive information onto.

• Hi @EdwinK,

You can sync a secondary vault from Mac to iOS using Dropbox sync or Wi-Fi sync (requires version 5.2 for iOS and 5.1 for Mac).

• EdwinK
    EdwinK
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Jasper,
    thanks for your answer. Since I´m running Mac OS 10.8.5 and 1PW 4.4.3, I guess Wi-Fi sync is not available?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @EdwinK,

Wi-Fi sync is available in 1Password 4 for Mac, but it will only work with your Primary vault (the ability to sync secondary vaults via Wi-Fi was recently added to version 5.1). In version 4, the only way to sync secondary vaults is with Dropbox (you can still sync your Primary vault via Wi-Fi if you want). If you decide you want to try Dropbox sync, you can find steps here.

If you have more questions about that, please let us know!

This discussion has been closed.