Organization folders not syncing on iCloud [Known issue, working on a fix]

Options
Lcrigz1
Lcrigz1
Community Member
edited October 2014 in iOS

I am using 1password on iPad and iPhone synced through iCloud. The folders I created on the iPad show up on the iPhone BUT they are empty. When I try to "move to folder" on the iPhone I don't get the "select folder " window. It fails. So I can't add items to folders in iPhone at all. And I can't see items added by the ipad.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Lcrigz1‌

I sincerely apologize for the trouble here. This is a known issue that our developers are currently working to track down. It might be helpful to note that this issue does seem restricted to iCloud, so if folder organization is key to your workflow, you might want to try syncing with Dropbox until we're able to squash this bug.

Thanks so much for your patience as we work to get this solved!

ref: OPI-1798

• Lcrigz1
    Lcrigz1
    Community Member
    Options

I actually solved my problem and maybe this will help others until the bug gets fixed. So, the folders did appear in the iPhone app, just empty. Also I could not add items to the folders. HOWEVER I was able to add a new folder inside one of the folders. As soon as I did that, all of the data magically appeared inside the folders! And I can now also manage those folders.

• Ben
    Options

Interesting. Thanks for letting us know about that, @Lcrigz1‌

• That's great, thanks for telling us know as more confirmations will help us narrow this down.

• trich
    trich
    Community Member
    Options

I had a similar problem. iPhone 5s and an iPad 2. Both running current ios8xx. Paid for pro 1password. Using iCloud sync as I've had horrendous issues getting my fav Dropbox working with you app. But I'm not here about Dropbox.

I'm coming to 1password from another app as I like the integration that 1password currently offers with the Touch ID.

So, I like setting up folders. 1 for each of my five family members. I created the folders on the iPhone. Eventually I will be entering 150+ passwords but I've started with just 13. 5 in the first folder and 8 in the 4th folder.

When I sync the devices I get all my entries on the second device ipad2, but I get what appears as empty folders. Multiple sync refreshes on both devices changes nothing. Deleting the app and date on the iPad, downloading and reinstalling the app on the iPad and syncing changes nothing. I get the 13 entries but the 5 folders that appear show as "empty"

I followed the idea posed earlier and created a "test" folder in the folder that "should" show 5 entries. After a few minute and a sync they now show up. The other folder that was supposed to show 8 now shows 8 entries.

As another test, I created an entry this time on the iPad as a login in one of the family folder i hadn't used yet. After syncing the login shows on the iPhone but the folder it should be in on the iPhone shows "empty". I added the test folder on the iPhone and after a few moments and a sync the entry now shows in the folder on the iPhone.

This seems to be a passable workaround for a troublesome bug. I'm glad the entries show on both but this folder hiccup needs to be resolved.

It was previously mentioned that this seems to be an iCloud related issue. I'll go to another threat to address my Dropbox issues.

Please fix the folder issue asap. It's a deal breaker for some.

• Hi @trich,

I'm very sorry for the inconvenience this bug has caused! Our developers are currently working to track it down, and get it fixed as soon as possible.

Thanks for your patience. :)

• ladillex
    ladillex
    Community Member
    Options

Hello i just installed osx yosemite and 1password5 for my mac... i synced with icloud, but my folders are not updating.. is this still an issue with 1password5? whenever i edit an item on my mac it updates it on my ipad/iphone but it will automatically take it it out of its folder on both ipad/iphone although its still in its folder on my mac...

thank you

• Ben
    Options

Hi there,

Our developers are still working on tracking this down and fixing it. Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.