Touch ID Not Found [Resolved - enable on device first]

Options
Gordon101
Gordon101
Community Member
edited October 2014 in iOS

When I looked at the Touch ID write up at
https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-ios/5/en/topic/touch-id

I don't find the screen shown in the screen shots - specifically in Step 3. When I click on the Security icon (shown in Step 2), the screen that comes up does not have the entry Touch ID and associated switch. I have the Request After item and the Lock on Exit item. My next entry is named PIN Code which is followed by Clear Clipboard.

When I got to Settings, under the Recommend 1Password line, I find words suggesting my version is 5.0.1 Also the iTunes store tells me I have version 5.0.1, FairPlay Version 2 - purchased on 9/22/14 @ 9.42am

I Sync with DropBox and never have used the 1PW quick access PIN code. I have an iPhone 6 with iOS 8.0.2. I have the Require Passcode set to 1 hour and the Auto-Lock setting at 3 minutes.

I really would like to turn on Touch ID for 1PW -

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Here's an extract from AgileBits' TouchID FAQ.

You also should make sure Touch ID is enabled and active in iOS. If you aren’t using it to unlock your device, you will not see the option to enable it in 1Password.

To learn how to set up Touch ID on your iPhone, please see the official guide from Apple: Using Touch ID on iPhone.

Could this explain why you can't see the TouchID setting?

• Gordon101
    Gordon101
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry for posting. I had to Reset All Settings and did not realize that would erase by finger prints. Once I entered my finger prints the UI was as it should be.

Have a nice day.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Gordon101‌,

No need to apologize, I'm glad to hear you got things figured out! Since this issue is nicely sorted out now, I'll close this thread, but if you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to open a new thread, or email us directly at support@agilebits.com - we're here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.