Best Way to Store Bank Details

NightFox
NightFox
Community Member

Hi,

I've just recently started using 1Password on my Mac and iPhone and I'm in the process of putting all my confidential stuff in there. I want to keep things as neat as I can, but I'm finding myself creating multiple records for what's effectively the same information. Predominantly this is for bank cards, e.g.:

I have a current account which includes a debit card and allows online banking. The way I'm doing things, I'm having to create 3 records: a bank account, a credit card and a login, each of which will contain some duplicate information. Is there a better way of doing this, or is there a way of associating different records together?

Thanks,

Neil

Comments

• Neil (@NightFox‌)

Is there a better way of doing this, or is there a way of associating different records together?

Sounds like you are using it as intended. A login item would contain your credentials for logging into their website, a bank account item would have your actual banking details (routing number, account number, etc), and a credit card item would have your CC #, PIN, etc.

Thanks.

• benfdc
    benfdc
    Community Member
    edited October 2014

You need the login entry for filling in logins (assuming that you do online banking), and if you ever purchase things online with your check card then you need the credit card entry for filling in your card data (name, card type, card number, expiration date, and security code).

One of these days, maybe, AgileBits will add to the browser extensions and mobile apps the ability to fill in bank routing and account numbers (this is a long-standing request, but so far as I am aware AgileBits has never stated whether this feature is on its “to-do list”). So long as the only way to enter these numbers into a web form is manual cut-and-paste, you could skip the Bank Account item and simply record your routing and account number info in one of the other entries.

You could use a tag or folder to associate logins with related cards and bank accounts. If you do not use the same billing address for all of your accounts, you can also use tags to indicate which of your Identities is associated with any given bank account or credit card.

This discussion has been closed.